History collides with the present (7)

Breakfast was over and Branzy and Clown were nearly ready to continue on their journey.

Branzy had finished packing first and was now waiting for Clown to finish. He was slumped against the front entrance, hands in his pockets, gently humming a tune.

His fingers were wrapped around the nether star that Clown had given him all of those months ago.

The faint shuffling of footsteps made him snap his head upwards and stand up straight.

He was met with the sight of the most beautiful man he had ever laid eyes on.

"You ready to go Branz?" Clown asked peering over at him.

"Hmmm yup."

"Great then let's get moving."

He brushed past him and gently took his hand and led him out into the plains of snow.

Branzy's heart began to race as he felt Clown's warm hands around his.

He glanced at Clown shocked before glancing back at their interlaced hands.

"Erm Clown?"

"Oh, sorry," and with that he let go of Branzy's hand and looked away sheepishly.

Branzy immediately regretted it. He missed the comfort of Clown's hand on his.

~~~

The climate started to become warmer as they got closer and closer to the coordinates. The ice and snow had gradually turned into the lush grass and dense foliage of a jungle.

They hacked through thick vines and navigated their way through the maze of trees.

A thick cloud of fog loomed in the air making the surroundings more surreal and Erie.

They walked further into the hear of the jungle until they came upon the dead end of a cliff wall, stretching up into the abyss known as the sky.

Marked into the expanse of stone was an old windy path that led up to the top.

"Do we have to go up- up there?" Branzy stuttered nervously.

"I'm afraid so," was the curt reply.

Branzy started to feel nauseous, he hated heights.

"Hey, Branz snap out of it! Branzy!"

Branzy snapped his head upwards to look into Clown's calm chocolate brown eyes.

Clown reached out to grab both of Branzy's hands and gently squeezed them.

"I'll be with you the whole time, and if you fall just know that I am here to catch you. I will always be here, whether that be physically or in your heart."

Branzy's glassy eyes widened slightly before he wiped away his tears.

"Thank you for being here for me."

"Always."

~~~

The hike up the mountain wasn't as bad as Branzy thought it would be.

Every time he accidentally looked down, he remembered Clowns words.

He would always be there for me.

Before he knew it, they were already at the top of the cliff.

Upon the peek of the mountain, stood an ancient, decaying jungle temple. Vines twisting into every crevice of the once glorious building filled with grandeur. Run lay among the overgrown grass that covered the secrets within.

Branzy and Clown stood in awe. There journey had led them to a rare jungle temple of the ender tribe (we're calling them the ender tribe coz idk what else to call it)

"Is that-?" Branzy was shocked, there were only about four jungle temples left in the world. The chances of them finding one was mind boggling.

"Yes."

Branzy gulped, not much was known about the ender tribe.

Some people say they used to worship the powerful ender dragon in these temples.

Others say they created a bastion deep under the ground called strongholds.

If this was was who they were dealing with, then they were done for.

It was almost as if Clown could hear what he was thinking. He grabbed Branzy's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

This time Branzy didn't let go.

ClownPierce led the two of them deeper into the temple.

Mysterious pictures were inscribed into the walls.

Pictures of endermen. Pictures of dragons. Pictures of islands floating in the sky.

the gloomy corridors all looked the same, they would turn left, then right then walk straight and get still be in the same place.

Branzy felt an icy finger trace his spine, his heart dropped, fear was gnawing at his heart.

He didn't like this place.

It gave him a strange feeling.

A feeling like somebody is watching you...

~~~

After what felt like endless walking, the duo encountered what looked like an old meeting room.

Chairs were lined up against a rotting wooden table.

Words were scrawled all across the walls in some ancient language that Branzy couldn't understand.

Sprawled on the table was a pile of dusty pieces of paper.

There were blueprints of tunnels underground, letters to people now long forgotten and stories about tales of old.

Branzy picked up the coffee stained letter.

Dear Kevin,

We wish to help you carry out successful revenge on those who have wronged you. In return you help us bring our beloved Jean back. Enclosed in this letter is the location and blueprint to the stronghold . Bring down the lifesteal SMP.

See you on the other side,

Selkhath, leader of the ender tribe.

Branzy's head was spinning with a million thoughts.

The Ender tribe were actually real?

Who was Kevin?

Why do these people want to harm lifesteal?

"Clown! Look at this!"

Branzy fidgeted as he waited for Clown to finish reading.

"Branzy, I think we found who has been attacking us! Do you remember the K we found in the arrow? Well what if that K stands for Kevin?"

"Clown your a genius, I could kiss you right now!"

"You can If you want to," Clown remarked slyly.

Branzy looked away sheepishly. He could tell that Clown was smirking and he would love to wipe that smile of his face.

He could feel the butterflies again. However this time it was a whole kaleidoscope.

"Well, why does this supposed Kevin want to bring down Lifesteal? And who is this Kevin guy?" Branzy piped.

"I don't know, but I do know one thing, we're going to the stronghold."

Word count: 1000