Parc Des Princes

I woke up at 7:30am and got ready for the day.

Today I get to meet everyone. Today I get to start the job i've been dreaming about. Today.

After I finished getting ready, I took my handbag and headed outside to meet my taxi driver.

As I was going down the stairs, I bumped into Pierre.

'Easy there, you can really hurt someone.' he said laughing.

'Sorry, I just don't want to be late! I'll talk to you when I get home.' I said and sprinted out the building, Pierre's laughter echoing in the hallway.

'Bonjour! Où aller?' (Good morning! Where to?)

'Bonjour, Parc Des Princes, s'il vous plaît.' (Good morning, Parc Des Princes, please.)

***

After a short drive, we arrived at my destination. I looked up at the stadium, taking in everything and trying to calm my nerves.

Woah.

I walked up to the reception area, and saw a middle aged woman behind the desk laughing at her computer. Knocking on the glass, she paused and looked at me.

'Oui?'

'Bonjour. Je suis Irina Davies et je suis ici pour voir Monsieur Christophe Galtier?' (Hi, I'm Irina Davies and I'm here to see Mr. Christophe Galtier.) I said politely, giving the woman a smile.

She paused, looked me up and down with a blank expression on her face.

'As-tu un rendez-vous?' (Do you have an appointment?)

'I'm here for the Social Media Manager job.'

'Oh, oui, oui, Irina Davies. Un moment.' she started writing something down that I couldn't see and then she turned to me with a smile on her face. 'They're at the training centre, it's a little further. You see the sign over there?' I nodded. 'Walk past it for a few minutes and there's going to be another sign directing you to the reception. I've told them to let you through.'

'Merci!' I squealed a little too happily, heading to the centre I was directed to.

After a 5 minute walk, I reached the reception. I took my ID and gave it to the man, before he escorted me to where Mr. Galtier was.

'Ok, go through them doors and you'll get to the pitch. The players are training so you'll be able to spot Mr. Galtier easily.'

I thanked the man and stepped outside, where the football players were doing some laps around the field.

The football players. Oh. My. God.

I recognised a few of the players, and instantly my heart started beating faster than usual.

I spotted the coach in his long black coat, who was watching the players with his hands in his pockets.

'Monsieur Galtier?' I said gently as I walked up behind him.

He turned around, a smile growing on his face. 'Miss Davies! C'est si bon de vous rencontrer enfin!' (It's so good to finally meet you!)

'Enchanté!' I said with a smile on my face. (Nice to meet you!)

'Comment était votre vol?' (How was your flight?)

'Le vol était super.' (The flight was great.)

I saw a few of the players glance at me and some stopping their training to try and understand what was happening.

'Je tiens à dire que je suis très heureux que vous vous joigniez à nous.' (I want to say that I'm very happy that you are joining us.)

'Cela signifie beaucoup, vraiment.' (It means a lot, really.)