You Don't Get To Ask

After catching up a little more and me making fun of how they go into my apartment to cry, we decided to pay Kylian a visit.

'Do you guys want anything to drink?' Kylian asked smiling, while me and Luca were sitting on the couch.

'No, thanks.' Luca said.

'Do you think you can bottle some of those tears in my apartment in a bottle?' I laughed.

Kylian's head shoot towards me instantly, his eyes wide in shock. 'You told her?!'

'That you bought it or that you both hang out and cry in there?' I laughed even harder.

'First of all, that happened once.' Kylian said sternly.

'No, it didn't.' Luca said, giving him a death stare.

'It's okay.' I laughed, planting a kiss on Luca's head. I got up and went straight for Kylian, wrapping my arms around him. 'Thank you.' I whispered.

'For what?' he chuckled. 'For crying in your apartment?'

'For not letting go.' my eyes met his, a soft smile on my face.

'That was never an option.' he winked.

***

After laughing and joking around and then trying to plan how it's going to be when they'll officially meet Pedri, a knock is heard at the door.

'Are you expecting someone?' I asked Kylian confused.

'No, no.' he shook his head. 'I don't think.' he walked towards his door.

He froze in front of the door, taking a few steps towards the mystery person.

'Who's that?' Luca asked.

After not getting an answer straight away, Luca got up and pushed Kylian out of the way.

'Is she here?'

Neymar.

'No.' Kylian said sternly.

'She's not in her apartment or Luca's.' Neymar said with his husky voice. 'So she's here.'

'She's sleeping.' Luca added.

I stood up and pushed them both out of the way. 'Did something happen?'

'Do you think I can talk to you for a second?' he asked with pleading eyes.

I turned around to look at my boys. 'It's okay.' I smiled.

'We'll be in the room.' Luca said and grabbed Kylian after him, who clearly didn't want to leave.

Neymar walked in, both of us awkwardly looking at eachother. He took a deep breath, his eyes not searching for mine for once.

'I wanted to...' he was trying to find his words. 'I wanted to speak to you and see how you're doing.' he said softly.

'We spoke during the match.' I chuckled.

'I know, I know.' he smiled. 'But that was more of a you trying to shut me up conversation.'

'I don't think us getting into the details of our lives is something that we should do.'

And for once, his presence didn't bring me joy or sadness. It brought me nothing. He wasn't my safe place anymore. He made that clear when he cheated on me. He moved on. He let go and so did I. I had to. Yes, I cared about him and loved him, but not how I did before. I wasn't going to fall at his feet or for his words or his lies.

'I was really debating whether I should come here or not...' he swallowed hard. 'But after seeing you today, I couldn't not show up. I missed you so much, you have no idea.'