Argentina

After some of the players officially introduced themselves to me, and me basically fangirling over each and single one of them, Luca brought out Lionel Scaloni.

This has to be the team I am most nervous to work with as I've been a Messi fan since I was a little girl and having this opportunity was quite overwhelming.

'Es un gran honor conocerte.' (It's such an honour meeting you.) I said extending my hand towards the coach, a big smile on my face.

'Todos estamos muy emocionados de tenerte como parte del equipo.' (We're all very excited to have you as part of the team.) he shook my hand with a smile.

I took a deep breath and turned around to face the players, who were smiling.

'Quiero empezar diciendo que soy una gran fan y me siento muy honrada de estar aquí, frente a ustedes y poder trabajar con ustedes durante su estancia en la competición.' (I want to start off by saying that I am such a big fan and I feel so honoured to be standing here, in front of you and be able to work with you guys throughout your stay in the competition.) I smiled, the players and the coach sharing a round of applause. 'Como muchos de ustedes saben, hablo inglés, sin embargo, con usted me comunicaré en español para que sea más fácil para todos.' (As many of you know, I speak english, however, with you I will communicate in spanish so its easier for everyone.) I said glancing at Messi, who nodded his head as thanks. 'Luca y yo estaremos en cada entrenamiento, grabando contenido, haciendo algunas entrevistas y lidiando con tus imágenes por total.' (Me and Luca will be at every training, shooting content, taking a few interviews and dealing with your images per total.)

'Cualquier problema que enfrenten, cualquier malentendido, pueden venir a nosotros y lo resolveremos.' (Any problems you guys face, any misunderstandings, you can come to us and we'll sort it out.) Luca added with a smile.

'Por hoy solo estaremos rodando algunos contenidos de tu entrenamiento, pero en los próximos días empezaremos un poco más 'intensos'.' (For today we will only be shooting some content of you training, but in the upcoming days we will be starting a little bit more 'intense'.) I chuckled. 'Preguntas?'

'Me gustaría decir algo.' (I'll like to say something.) Messi smiled. 'Tuve el placer de trabajar con ambos y estoy muy emocionado de que compartamos la experiencia del Mundial juntos. Irina, te he dicho esto antes y seguiré diciéndote hasta el final de los tiempos, que eres una inspiración para las mujeres jóvenes y lo emocionado que estás con nosotros, así que vamos a trabajar contigo. Me alegra que estés aquí y estoy orgulloso de ti.' (I had the pleasure to work with both of you and I am very excited that we'll be sharing the World Cup experience together. Irina, I've told you this before and I will carry on telling you until the end of times, that you are an inspiration to young women and just how excited you are with us, so are we to work with you. I am glad that you're here and I'm proud of you.) he said softly.

Since I've met Leo and his beautiful wife, Antonela, they've taken the role as my parents. Always guiding me, always praising me, always looking out for me and always making sure I feel comfortable in the setting I am in.

'Gracias, Leo.' I nodded my head with a soft smile.

***