England v Senegal

'Oh, I loved that game.' I said smiling.

'It was really good.' he nodded his head.

Me and Luca were now on our way to meet with England's national team. Truth is I was getting a bit tired but work wasn't over and not going wasn't an option. The tournament was going to be over soon and I knew if I wasn't going to make the most of it now, I'll be regretting it later on.

***

'I feel like I haven't seen you in years.' Jude said as soon as he saw us.

'Yeah, sorry.' I smiled softly. 'But I'm here now and I'm not going anywhere.'

'Why didn't you come last time?'

'Girlfriend duties.' Luca chuckled.

Jude's expression changed to a confused one but then immediately softened and a smile appeared on his face. 'Pedri's birthday.'

'Yep.' I nodded my head.

'Well, we missed you.' he shrugged his shoulders.

'Stop beating yourself over this.' Rashford said laughing, patting his friend on the back.

'It's not going to happen.' Phil joined us.

***

'Hey, hey, hey.' I addressed the players. 'It's so good to see you all, I want to apologise for not attending your last match, but I'm here now and I'm not going anywhere.'

'Your training will be live-streamed and then we can all head to the stadium for your warm up and game.'  Luca added.

***

💬❤️ 2,084,972 people liked this photo

england Our Three Lions are taking on Senegal in the Round of 16, so don't forget to tune in and support them🤟🏼💙

comments

user72 judey baby

user10 Jude and Irina are so cute
   —> user8 he defo has a crush on her
   —> user23 who doesn't at this point

user16 💙💙💙💙💙💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

view all 4,858 comments

After the boys finished their training we all headed to the stadium, hanging out a bit before the match sets off.

***

💬❤️ 2,648,002 people liked this photo

irinaa.daviess supporting my Three Lions💘

comments

user12 such a pretty girl

user9 🤘🏼💙

pedri 😮‍💨

user3 doing our country proud

view all 4,659 comments

The full-time whistle goes, sealing England's passage to the quarter-finals of the World Cup! The Three Lions began the second half as they finished the first, in which Henderson and Harry Kane each scored one goal, Saka also scoring within 12 minutes of the restart. From then on, it was a case of keeping Senegal at arm's length, and England certainly did that, nearly adding to their lead on several occasions and restricting their opponents to the occasional pop-shot as they closed out a 3-0 victory.

***

'Come on...' Jude said with pleading eyes. 'Come out with us to celebrate.'

He's been trying to convince me for the past 30 minutes, my answer remaining the simple, classic no.

'Jude, my love, as much as I would love to go out with you guys and party like a real Brit, I have to pass.'

'Why? Give me a proper reason and I'll give up.'

'Because tomorrow I'll have a very, very long day and I really need to recharge my batteries.'

And I wasn't lying. Brazil was playing tomorrow, Neymar joining them again. Even though the match was at 19:00pm, me and Luca still had to get earlier to the training centre, Bruna messaged me if we can grab something to eat and so did Caro.

After a few minutes of silence, Jude let out a loud sigh, a soft smile appearing on his face. 'Fine. But you owe us a night out partying.'

'Promise.' I smiled and parted ways with the footballer player.

***

'And you passed on a night out to party?' Pedri chuckled.

'I'll rather spend the rest of my free time with you.' I shrugged my shoulders, my eyes locked on his.

'What do you want?' he asked curiously.

'Quality time with my boyfriend.'

The expression on his face was a questioning one, one I don't see very often.

'You don't believe me?' I asked confused.

After a few moments of silence he bursted into laughter. 'You should've seen the look on your face.'

'Oh, yeah, you're so funny.' I rolled my eyes playfully.

'Of course I believe you.' he placed a kiss on my lips. 'And I love every bit of it.'