01

bronx, new york
june 20'th, 1:00 pm
lani pov

"yo lala, you don't get tired of hanging around niggas all day?" "nah she good around me, she don't need to be hanging around thotties" "man kaykay he was talking to me

"yo lala, you don't get tired of hanging around niggas all day?" "nah she good around me, she don't need to be hanging around thotties" "man kaykay he was talking to me."

"we one so he talking to me too." "kevin shut the fuck up, matter fact i'm'a hit my homegirls up now."after i said that he got in my face and scrunched his mouth up like a mother ready to cuss her daughter out in the store but stopped himself.

"nah dougie, you right im tired of hanging around you bums all day." "nah lani watch how you talking." "you turnt? what you on?" i stood up and threw up my set while him and the other boys laughed- i mean dying laughing.

"smelly nigga shut up." "blu go do ya homework or something before ya dukes get hot, you eating me." "mmcht, nah we bout'a dip out" "oh, where we at?" i said running to get my yeezy slides and my bape hoodie.

"niggas ain't say you, i'm talking bout us." he said pointing to him, kay and dougie. "blu i wanna go out too like what?" "bro we runnin a drill, fuck you wanna do? sit in the back like a fuckin mannequin?"

"nah c we should let her though." "nigga, kay i'm not tryna have my blood in them politics." "she good, she with me, niggas not on that forreal." "dougz, get ya mans, he buggin."

dougie threw his hands up and laughed. "nah y'all got it." "blu, im grown, im good with y'all.. please?" "don't say shit while we in that car, you wearing a ski, and you wearing shades, don't be tryna be on no cute shit or im'a make you get out and run down on someone."

after i put on what he said we left and the pulled up to this apartment building with 2 boys our age posted up. kay got on live and put his ski on. "oh yeahh.. it's lit?" him and dougie ran out the door chasing them.

i stayed in the car with blu trying not to make eye contact, only looking at the seat in front of me but listening hard. "nigga get em kay, pack them niggas."

c rolled down the window and yelled to the two. "yo! it's the boys, it's the boys." that's when i looked out the window. the two boys came back at least 7 deep but were near the cop car. "oh now y'all ducking?" "nobody ducking you niggas."

i seen kay put his phone near his face yelling at it. "these niggas rats yo, running to the boys." "come get active now!" the cop blared his sirens and dougie pulled kay back to the car. they got in and slammed the door shut, all you could hear was heavy breathing.

"yo if the boys wasn't there, them niggas would've been seeing the dirt word to my moms." "chill kay, we gon catch em." i stared at kay while he was talking to his live and weirdly admired him.

of course i feel worried while he's out here because of the danger he's in, but at the same time, seeing him in his element did something to me.

(i hear something purring 😰)

he caught me staring at him with a mug on his face but softened it. he looked to the front started talking to blu. "yo blu turn some fuckin music on, can't sit in this quiet ass tool box." "aight nigga cool it for i slap you."

"do it nigga" while blu was driving he reached back and tried to slap kay but he weaved it. kay sat up and slapped at c. "bitchass nigga, bitc- bitchass nigga" dougie started recording the whole thing while the two fought.

"yo! you niggas got 1 millisecond to sit down and shut the fuck up." "mmcht, look at this nigga y'all." kay turned his phone to me and showed me on his live.

i flipped them off and started reading the comments. "you so pretty... aww thank you mama, you eat pussy?" "nah she don't, get the fuck out my comments bitch, you're blocked."

"you and kay cousins?... bro the shit we did we could never be cousins." "kaykay you coming over later?..." i looked up from the live and repeated the question. "huh?" he brought the phone close to his face and whisper-read the question, again.

"uh yeah i'm'a hit you later." i peeped dougie looking back through the mirror snickering and i pinched his ear. for the rest of the ride i leaned my head on the ear until we got to the deli.