Shattered

The ride home was pure hell for you. Your parents were screaming at the top of their lungs at you, throwing threats and insults. They kept telling you how weak and pathetic you were, how they never should of had you and that you meant nothing to them. Used to this, you turned your head to the window and looked at the houses rushing past. You blocked out their screams and shouts as you zoned out into another world.

Everything will get better, they won't hit you or hurt you. They do love you, (y/n) they do. They would never lay a finger on-

You were snapped back to reality with a slap on the back of your head, your head shooting forwards and shattering the window you were leaning against. Shit! How hard did they hit you? You turned to see your father with his hand raised. "Fucking listen to me when I'm talking to you, bitch" You looked him in the eyes seeing nothing but pure hatred for you as you felt a warm liquid trickle down your face.

Blood.

You got up and dislodged the glass in your forehead. You turned from your father and went up to your room, tears slowly slipping from your tired eyes. You got your Medi kit from under your bed and cleaned the wound. The glass hadn't dug too deep but it still stung like hell when you cleaned it. You wrapped the bandages in the kit around your head.

You can't keep doing this, (y/n). You just Can't. You have to get out of here as quick as you can. Use the rope under your bed and climb out of the window. Go, GO!

You mentally yelled at yourself to move as you grabbed spare clothes and things you needed like money and your phone. You grabbed the most important thing to you in the world, your headphones. They were the only things that stopped the screaming, the abuse, the pain. You stuffed all of your gear into a backpack and hid it under your bed.

You didn't know where you were going or how you were going to survive, but you needed to get out of there. You climbed into bed, still fully clothed. This was the last night of torture. Tomorrow, you would be free.