Fixing what is Broken

You reached the next town over as dawn was beginning to take hold. The warm reds, purples and oranges covered the land, bathing it in a warm glow. Suddenly, everything didn't seem so shit anymore. You walked into town, your stomach growling. "Yeah yeah, I know..." You grumbled, talking to your stomach. Right on cue, it shut up. You wandered over to the pizzeria and looked in the window. The animatronics were on the stage as usual and you smiled. As you blinked, you could've sworn you saw Bonnie look at you, just for a split second. You shook your head "It's probably nothing..." You noticed something in the other window and walked over to it. It was a little slip of paper and it read;

Help Wanted!

Freddy Fazbear's Pizza

Family Pizzeria looking for security guard

to work the nightshift.

12am to 6am

Monitor cameras, ensure safety of equipment

and animatronic characters.

Not responsible for injury/ dismemberment

$120 a week

To apply call,

1-888-FAZ-FAZBEAR

"Night guard huh? May as well, the money I brought won't last me very long...and the time's ok since I do so many all-nighters..." You mumbled to no-one in particular. You were still thinking when you heard a door open behind you. You turned and saw a tall man walking out of the pizzeria. He was around 6 ft 3 in height with messy brunette hair. He had a strong build and ocean blue eyes. He wore a light blue shirt with black trousers and dress shoes. Perched on his head was a darker blue cap that read "Night Guard"

He was what other girls would have called 'Cute'. His eyes turned to you and seemed to pierce into your very soul. They made you want to curl up into a ball and hide.

But you being the badass you are, you don't.

"Who are you?" He asks, his voice deep and smooth as he looks at you, seeming to take you in. "Name's (Y/n), (Y/n) (L/n)" You said confidently. He once again looked you in the eyes as your (E/c) met his ocean blue. You were the first to look away. "You work here?" You asked, gesturing with your thumb to the pizzeria. "Yeah, so?" He asked as he lit a cigarette, taking a long drag and puffing out the grey smoke. "The night shift job still open?" You asked, looking at the 'Help wanted!' poster. He almost choked on his cigarette. "Wh-what?" he asked cautiously. "I said is the night guard job still open?" You asked, your voice raising a bit, irritated that you had to repeat yourself. "Um...yeah I think it is...I'm not the one to ask though..." He said, looking away. You looked up at him. Was that...a blush? Nah. No way, you just met the guy. You shrugged it off.

"So who do I ask then?" You folded your arms, looking him in the eyes and trying to do the whole 'soul piercing' thing. He shrugged. "The boss, he'll be here in a few." He jangled his keys in his pocket, obviously wanting to go. "Kay. Thanks for the help...uh" Your voice faded as you realised you didn't know his name. "I'm Mike" He said, answering your unasked question. "Mike Schmidt"