✧ 1

The streets were relatively quiet for this time of the day. most people were out eating dinner or at home resting after a long day at work. this reflected well in the store as there were only roughly four people in the whole convenience store.

yeeun walked into the store, planning to grab some snacks and drinks for when her friends come over later that night. she walks down the isles, eyeing all the options of foods they had available. she eventually made it too the ramen section, and stood there eyeing all the different packets.

without her knowledge, someone else joined her in the isle. two other people to be specific. they also looked at all the ramen options and chatted amongst themselves quietly.

yeeun pulled her phone out and messaged her friends, trying her best to hold all of her snacks while doing so.

2 baddies & one man

GUYS
What ramen do you want?

minhee
get the one you always get!!

hyunshik
ye
who changed the groupchat name
was the other one not cool enough

minhee
I did
and no
🤬 as a groupchat name was not cool enough

hyunshik
unfair

minhee
ok man

hyunshik
none of us are fans of them

minhee
we enjoy their music <3
yeeun is the fan

not really
I only watch some of the content
their music hits though can't lie

hyunshik
none of us have any interests
are we really that much of losers that we only focus on uni 😟

minhee
yes

hyunshik
fair enough

yeeun smiled at the messages and put her phone back in her pocket. she once again eyed the ramen section trying to find the packet she needed. she walked forward and grabbed it, trying to not bump into the person that was right next to it.

unfortunately that failed.

her elbow hit the persons arm and she felt a burning sensation on her ankle. confusion filled her mind as she looked down at her ankle, only to see the soulmate tattoo glowing brightly.

without hesitation she looked up at the person beside her, making eye contact with the boy who wore a mask. the longer she stared at him in shock, the more she began to recognise him.

"hang on." he muttered out quickly as she continued to eye him, her eyes getting wider by the second. "we're soulmates..?" he whispered it. as if he was scared to be caught saying that.

"oi chenle, do we get this?" a male from behind him asked out looking towards where chenle stood, only to see said male looking at a girl, both of them staring at each other in shock.

you're kidding. my soulmate is an idol. no way. I'm not doing this. oh my god.
yeeun tore her eyes away and grabbed the ramen she was trying to grab a few seconds ago before she discovered her soulmate. she held the three packets of ramen along with the snacks and looked back at chenle with shock.

"I'll get going-" She said, bowing to him politely, and about to walk away only for him to speak again.

"but we're soulmates."

his friend, jaemin, whom she also recognised, stepped forward after hearing that and spoke in a lower voice trying to keep it quiet.
"you're soulmates? you two should get to-"

"I have to go."
there is no way I am going to have my soulmate be an idol. that's a death wish. fans will kill me. I'll lose my whole life because everyone will know me as the girl who's soulmate is a famous idol.

she walked as fast as she could to the registers, placing the items there as the worker scanned them and put them into a bag. chenle came up to her again, tapping her shoulder gently to gain her attention. a shiver ran down her spine and the burn in her ankle started again. she turned to face him just as he spoke. "shouldn't we get to know each other?"

the worker told yeeun the price and yeeun thanked her and paid for her items. She took the bag and looked back at chenle who waited for her answer. yeeun was shocked about the situation and he clearly was too, except she just wanted to get out of there.

"I'm Yeeun. You're Chenle. nice to meet you. now I'll get going."

before he could speak anymore she left the store and walked away as fast as she could.