✧ 44

she opens her door, instantly telling him to quickly get in before someone sees him. he laughed quietly but still walked in as she said, having the door close behind the two of them. he placed the umbrella down, leaning it against the wall.

she threw her bag into the empty space of the room from where minhee's bed used to be, not bothering to check to see if any of her things got damaged. it was the last thing on her mind right now.

she fell onto her bed, feeling like she could pass out instantly. she rolled over and stared at her ceiling, waiting for him to say anything.

"how did you get sick?"
there it was. the question she had been waiting for him to ask. one that she didn't want to answer solely because she knew he would complain that he could've picked her up.

with her lack of reply he spoke up again, his voice coming closer.
"Was it from the other night when it rained? you said you had an umbrella and rain coat." he asked, looking at her with worry filling his eyes. she looked over at him, he leaned himself onto her desk that was just beside her bed.

"I didn't want you to come pick me up..."
she muttered out, looking away from his eyes and instead looking everywhere but him.

"why?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowing together. she shut her eyes shut tightly as her head continued to ache, mumbling out, "people would see you. besides I got home fine."

he scoffed and spoke in a loud whiny voice, the type he does when he teases his friends, though this time he was serious. "you got sick though! and who cares if someone sees me? it was later at night so people probably wouldn't even be around."

she could tell her wasn't pleased with her being so stubborn with everything. she too found it annoying how she went about things, often looking into the past and wondering why she didn't just do it.

but she couldn't change anything, so she merely shrugged her shoulders. she peeks open one eye and pats the mattress beside her, urging him to join her before closing her eyes again.

she feels bed dip beside her as she sat down. he awkwardly sat there, looking around her room a bit before laying down beside her.

neither of them spoke anymore. simply basking in the silence and the comforting feeling that surrounded them. just as she was feeling like she was falling asleep, she suddenly felt his hand place itself on hers, followed by him whispering,
"let's see if you get better with this." his thumb caressing her hand slowly.

As if there wasn't already a comfortable atmosphere around them, the gentle touch only increased the relief and comfortableness, so much so that she found herself drifting to sleep.