✧ 70

five days.
five days passed and they hadn't seen each other. they barely messaged each other even. sure they felt a weaker than normal, but it wasn't that big of a deal to either of them.

when she said she would focus on herself, she really meant it. her mind was feeling clearer and was thinking more logical things again. she thought over everything and felt a bit calmer about the situation.

she reached out to jihye and even spoke to taeyong. they spoke for a few hours over the phone, and it really cleared her mind.

after that conversation, she messaged chenle briefly. she explained herself a bit clearer, to which he responded and told her he will wait however long she needs.

it was a stressful situation and despite the two of them being soulmates, yeeun still went back to her old ways of isolating herself from most people to clear her mind and work on it herself. it worked though.

they made a plan to meet tomorrow, the soulmate connection was beginning to get painful for the both of them and they didn't want to risk anything.

but suddenly, the pain became unbearable.

"fuck!"
yeeun shouted in surprise when her ankle burned painfully. It all happened so suddenly. why do I feel so light headed? why does everything feel so heavy? why am I so much more weaker?

this was so different to how it normally felt when it got bad. they had done a little more days without seeing each other than normal but they weren't supposed to be like this yet.

yeeun reached for her phone and reached for chenles contact number. letting her phone rest on her bed as the phone rang, she took in deep panicked breaths.

nobody answered his phone. she called a few more times but he never answered. is he okay?

in a panicked action, she grabbed her phone into her hands again and begun calling renjun. when he didn't answer, she called jaemin.

"yeeun?! are you okay?"
he sounded panicked and yeeun could hear the noises of other stressed voices in the background
"where is chenle? i think we need to see each other.."
"chenle is here, he is really weak." she felt guilty instantly. if she knew it was going to suddenly get like this she would've gone and seen him yesterday.
"I'm sorry-"  "text me your dorm, we are coming right now."
the phone hung up and yeeun begun to hurriedly send her room number and building to jaemin.

she managed to get herself to sit up on the bed. she leaned her back against the wall and googled for an answer.

why is it so painful after not seeing soulmate for 5 days?
she typed in her phone and scrolled down for an explanation.

"though an unlikely situation, when a soulmate connection is in the process of getting closer and the pair suddenly don't see each other for a while, it can happen. the process of bonding with your soulmate is the most crucial part, after the bond is complete you can be separated for longer without much pain - read more."

it made sense, she just wished she could catch a break. she was finally ready to see him and work on everything together, face the public for the first time, but now she felt like she was dying.

she had to remind herself, it's okay. he is on his way. it's all okay.