✧ 14

she sat at the back of her classroom, taking notes as she teacher spoke. It was getting closer towards the end of the class where she can finally leave and go home, though she was sure hyunshik would make her go get food with him just so he didn't have to pay, as he always managed to convince her to pay if it was cheap enough.

she felt her phone vibrating in her pocket but she ignored it as class only had a few minutes left and she was almost finished writing the last of her notes.

the class concluded and she packed up her things into her bag, finally fishing her phone out of her pocket and seeing a missed call from chenle. she raised an eyebrow and looked at hyunshik who was waiting for her to join him. She turned her phone off and approached him, "I'll be a minute I need to call someone back."

"okay, I'll wait at the usual spot." hyunshik said before walking the opposite direction to her. yeeun walked down the hallway, until she came to another exist leading to a more private outside area. she sat on the stairs and turned her phone back on, calling chenle back. after a few rings he picked up and said hello.

"hey, sorry I was in class." she quickly said, feeling slightly bad for not answering incase it was important. though she felt relatively fine today, so she wondered if he felt okay as well.

"it's okay, I figured you must've been busy." she only muttered a 'yeah' as she didn't know what to say so she quietly waited for him to talk, which he did pretty quickly. "I just wanted to say apparently soulmates need to meet every two days at bare minimum in order to avoid any sick feelings or feel weak and such, and I heard that they should be together for a few hours."

"oh okay." she looked around, not knowing what she should do while talking to him. it still felt weird to talk to someone that she used to be a fan off only a few years ago. she still listened to their music every now and then. "so we should do that."

"yeah.... if it's okay... tomorrow, let's meet up" he asked, almost sounding hesitant to ask her as he slowed his words down and didn't speak as fast.

"yeah sounds good." despite not being able to see each other they both smiled to themselves. yeeun then remembered what minhee wanted to know. do either of them know anything about soulmates? It was surely a situation, yet despite majority of it so far was definitely her fault. still she was curious enough to ask him.

"also, I have a question"

"yeah?" he replied casually, she could hear that he was obviously walking around, she wondered if he had schedules. either way she asked, "do you know much about soulmates? like how things work and whatever."

he didn't reply for a minute, clearly thinking about it as he hummed to himself.
"I know that you need to see them often. that you can die if you don't see them for 12 days. uhhh.... That for the first few months every time the bond grows you'll feel tingling sensation in your mark. and then I know physical touch heals one quicker but being in close proximity heals as well, just slower."

"oh yeah, I heard all of those too." she fell quieter towards the end of her sentence as she heard someone talking on the other end that wasn't chenle. she took this time to just check her surroundings as she didn't often come out this way. It was a more secluded space and barely anyone went here unless they needed a quiet study space, though most went to the library.

chenle spoke up again just as she began fiddling with a fallen leaf that fell to her side.
"sorry I have a bit of tight schedule right now, where do you want to meet tomorrow?"

"My place is risky since I live in a dorm, unless you disguise really well."
"do you want to come to my house? or the nct dream dorm?"

as much as she thought she should probably apologise to all of them, as it still stuck to the back of her mind, she didn't want to invade their personal spaces more than she had too.
"your house is fine."

the call ended shortly after as chenle had to go back to work, he bid her a goodbye and not long after he sends her his address.