✧ 25

Chenle filled up the glass of water before walking back into the living room where his mother sat on the couch with a smile growing on her face.

yeeun just left mere minutes ago and chenle already knew his mother was about to start talking about her and her opinions on the girl.

"your soulmate seems so sweet." chenle hummed as he placed the glass of water down onto the table. he looked up at his mother before looking away as he spoke,  "she is."

his mother nodded her head as she sat down on the couch, leaning into the corner of the cushions. "she just seems a bit shy with the fact that you're an idol."

chenle shrugged and took a sip of his water as his mother continued.
"whenever I brought up anything to do with your career she seemed like she didn't know what to say. perhaps she is scared."

"you're making theories again?" chenle asked with a small laugh to his words. his mother sighed and sat up straight and placed her hands on her knees.

"you should get her to warm up to the idea of you being an idol. otherwise, she will never warm up to you."

chenle shrugs his shoulders, not wanting to think to deeply about the future just yet. he liked how they were right now. they weren't close but they weren't strangers, they could be around each other with no worries. he wouldn't admit it out loud, but he loved how she just showed up the other day, the weak smile she gave him did something to his heart.

"it's only a matter of time before you both realise your need for each other." she says, grabbing the glass of water and taking a sip from it.

"need?" he asked, confused as to why he would feel a need for her other than the fact that they will start feeling sick without each other. did he need her in any other way other than the fact that they need to live.

"after some time soulmates start to 'need' each other." his mother started, her hands back on her knees as she turned her body towards him. "like needing to hug them even if you don't actually need too. Usually it's for just when you're feeling a little bit down, but it feels like you need to hug them. it's because your soulmate is your safe place. It usually happens when you start falling in love and the soulmate bond is getting stronger."

chenle shook his head. "she is not my safe place." He stated with a firm voice, though his mother just smiled at him before saying, "Perhaps not yet."