✧ 12

she walked towards the tall building with her heart racing faster than last time. she was alone this time, and she was going to see if she could to get her soulmate without being kicked out.

her plan was to simply get chenles phone number so if one of them was dying they can just find a place to meet up at and not have to run around the city trying to find each other.

she walked down the side of the building, trying to remember what door it was that they entered in last time. she looked at the guards and pulled her mask down just incase they somehow remembered her. the first few didn't pay any mind to her as she passed by the doors, then she recognised one of the guards and realised she was at the door she needed to go through. she pauses at the bottom the stairs and looked up at him. he looked at her and the two of them stared at each other for a minute.

"I'm chenle's-"
"OH! that's who you are."
he gasped and then smiled, grabbing the door handle and opening the door for her. she smiled at him and bowed before walking into the building.

her nerves only escalated as she looked around and saw sm workers, yet no sign of anyone she knew. clutching her phone tightly in her hand, she walked the same way as they did last time. every time she saw someone she made sure to double check it wasn't one of the 23 nct members or anyone from the practice room when she meet nct dream.

suddenly she saw a tall boy with a cap on his head at a vending machine in a lounging space just before the stairs. she was no nct fan, but she realised that perhaps she knew the members looks better than she thought.

"jisung..?"
she said quietly, just in case she was wrong. the said boy turned around with a surprised expression until he saw who it was. he smiled at her though his eyes widened. he bent down and took the drink out of the machine before walking over towards her.

"are you okay?"

"yeah. for now. I just thought... I should get his number?"

"you don't have it?!"
he said loudly but quickly he covered his mouth and awkwardly chuckled. "I mean, I just thought you would've had it already."

she shook her head and jisung gestured her towards the stairs. "I'll bring you to him. he is in the recording room with renjun right now."

she merely nodded and quietly followed jisung. her mind occupied with whether she should mention her actions from the other day or simply brush over it.

she chose to address it as quickly as she could.

"about the other day I'm really sorry if I came off rude it's just this is not what I expected at all and I was just surprised you know? like it's not everyday that your life is suddenly changing and you're talking to idols and god forbid one of them is your soulmate and then I must have sounded so rude when I said what at mark I swear I am so sorry I didn't mean to come off like that I even surprised myself I am-"

"it's okay." he said, almost laughing at her as his hand covered his mouth. "wow. you speak really fast."

her cheeks flushed pink and she looked away from him noticing how they both stopped walking and just stood in the middle of the stairway.

"but no seriously, it's fine, we understand."

the two of them engaged in a small causal conversation that he naturally lead, surprising her as she didn't expect him to be one to lead a conversation. they continued to walk until they arrived outside one of the rooms where he stopped and opened the door.

she could someone inside singing but they stopped when jisung stepped inside. she followed in and made eye contact with chenle instantly, he straightened up his posture quickly.

renjun smiled at her before looking at chenle who seemed surprised to see her.
"are you okay?" chenle asked, almost going to stand up to walk towards her when she shook her head.

"I was just thinking that if something happens and we can't find each other... having each others phone number would make things easier?"

"yah chenle why haven't you given her your number yet!" renjun said, leaning towards chenle and slapping his arm.

"the both of you really stress me out."
chenle laughs quietly and stands up, grabbing his phone out of his pocket. they pass each other their phones and exchange numbers, chenle saving himself as 'chenle🏀' in her phone and yeeun saving herself as 'yeeun☀️' in his.

"I should actually go since I have class soon but thank you." she explained as she took his phone back and placed it into her pocket. chenle quickly walked to the door. "I'll walk you out."

she stopped and stared at him for a second, only realising she hadn't responded when jisung coughed after choking on his water. reluctantly she nodded and walked through the door, waving goodbye to renjun and jisung.

they walked down the hallways in silence, it wasn't until they reached the stairs that he eventually spoke up.  "what do you study in university?"

"oh, I study psychology." she said, looking over to him. his mouth formed a circle with surprise and looked at her.
"oh really? what job do you want in the future."

she smiled and looked back in front of them so she didn't crash into anything. "well i did want to be a psychiatrist."

"did? so not anymore?"
"I'm just not sure anymore."

he nodded and before they knew it they were at the exit where she would leave.  she looked back at him and put her hands into her pockets. "I'll message you when we should see each other then." he smiled and waved towards her, both of them turning around and walking away.