✧ 37

though they all had fun, they all had to go back to work. It worked out perfectly as yeeun also had her work shift starting soon. chenle walked her to the side door and the two waved their goodbyes to each other, bright smiles on both of their faces.

though his smile fell when he walked back into the practice room and saw his members looking over at him with grins. as though he could already see the future, he rolled his eyes and walked over to his bag.

"so you two are getting closer" haechan teasingly called out, swinging his jacket over his shoulders. chenle looked at him and just smiled, not knowing what to say that wouldn't result in teasing.

"she seems to be more comfortable." harin said, looking at dalrae. the younger girl nodded her head and looked over to chenle.
"yeah, I thought she would never warm up."

chenle looked at them, confusion evident across his face. "what do you mean?"

the two girls share a look, before turning to look at hajoon who just looked at them, not helping them at all. the silence caught the others attention, everyone waiting for harin and dalrae to speak.

"well I mean... she was trying to avoid you because she didn't want to lose the life she has now." harin starts, turning her attention back to chenle. chenle raised an eyebrow at her, so she continued. "she was worried your fans would find out and ruin her life. she wants to keep studying and working at her job but she was scared that if she got close to you she would lose everything."

"oh." he uttered, turning around to finish packing his bag as his mind was already spiralling.
if she still feels that way shouldn't I make it obvious I don't care if we get caught? oh but she will care. should I try to convince her she doesn't need to care? what do I do to help her? or is she okay with it now?

"I didn't share anything personal, right? I mean she made it all pretty clear the first time she meet us all." harin said slightly panicked. haechan pat her shoulder comfortingly and she looked at him with a wavering smile.

dalrae quickly walked over towards chenle, "jihye spoke to her and comforted her, told her what she went through and all that." chenle looked up from his bag and back to dalrae. "I'm sure yeeun is warming up to it all now. don't worry too much."

chenle merely nodded and picked his bag up, putting it his shoulder and onto his back. "I'll be going now." he said, glancing at his members who were still cleaning their things up.