Chapter 15

OLIVIA

"WHAT'S WRONG, Oli?" Naomi enquired.

"Huh?" I decided to look at her. I was resting my chin on my left hand and didn't bother to change my position.

"You don't appear to be in the best of spirits these days."

"Am I?"

"Yeah. Do you already have feelings for Will?" Stella jumped in. She was teasing me yet again. If I'm not mistaken, she's the one who has feelings for Will.

We are currently in my assigned office in the SC room. It was a closed-door room, and there were no other members of the SC present at the time, so they were free to roam.

I was sitting on the one-seat couch and had no idea I was zoning out.

"No. How many times do I have to tell you that I dislike him, Stell? I may appear arrogant, but he is not my type. I know you like him. Do you want us to assist you in obtaining him?" I asked.

"Whoa. Whoa. Who said I like that jerk?"

"Stell, you sound very defensive right now," Naomi said.

"Your face is strawberry red right now, Stell," I added and teased her.

"What the hell is going on? I despise that a$$hole." Stella continued to deny it, but it was clear that she had romantic feelings for the guy.

Naomi and I just smiled at each other. Stella is the queen of denial.

"Anyway, have you seen Camila?" Stella shifted the subject.

"Yeah, where is she?" I seconded.

"She went home. She claimed it was an emergency. Did she not text you two?" Naomi told us.

"No." Stella and I both said it at the same time.

"She only texted you? Wow. That's a bad friendship, huh?" Stella sulked.

"Don't get me wrong. Camila didn't text me either. I ran into her on my way there. I forgot to tell you two when I arrived earlier because you were both daydreaming." Naomi defended herself.

Stella was the sulky type of the four of us. She's also a bit possessive.

"Okay. You are forgiven," Stella said as if Naomi had made a mistake that needed to be forgiven.

As soon as she arrived, she forgot to tell us about her encounter. But, as she said, we were zoning out, so she couldn't tell us right away.

"Camila has been acting these past few days strangely," Naomi observed.

"I know, right? I thought I was the only one who noticed." Stella agreed.

"And she's been reticent recently. I hadn't heard her nag or bully anyone in a few days," I said.

Naomi replied, "Do you believe she's ill? Or is it possible that she is now taking drugs? Because one strange thing is that she's becoming more friendly and always smiling."

"That's right!" Stella and I both exclaimed.

"Camila looked and behaved that way when we were in elementary school. Camila, the cheerful and ever-smiling. I miss that old Camila, but she's changed now. I'm convinced she's ill. Should we pay her a visit to their mansion?" Naomi confessed.

"I, too, am becoming concerned. But we'll do it tomorrow because you said Camila has an emergency today." I informed Naomi.

Naomi nodded.

"What do you think, Stell?" I inquired of the more petite girl. She was secretive now. What's the deal with everyone?

"Let's ask her tomorrow. Let's just go home now. I, too, am not feeling well," she stated.