Chapter 21

ZOEY

"YES, DAD. I'm now at home." Right now, I'm on the phone with my father. He called to congratulate me on our recent quiz bee victory. "I know it's late, but Nova insisted on us celebrating our victory at her house. Yes, Dad. I was completely stuffed. They looked after me and fed me delicious food. Okay, Dad. Then I'll see you on the weekend." I was searching through my bag for my keys. I discovered it right away. "Okay, Dad. I adore you, as well. Bye."

I hang up the phone and unlock the door. After double-checking that the door was adequately locked outside, I went inside. I was done, and my stomach hurt. Nova made a lot of food, and it felt like there had been a feast in their house earlier, even though only the four of us would eat the food she made.

I'm drowsy now because I'm so full. I walked past the living room and noticed the TV was still playing Money Heist on Netflix.

What? Are there any new episodes? And Vi was watching it without me?

I peered in and saw Vi curled up on the couch. I was about to scare her, but she wasn't paying attention; she was sleeping.

My lips curled into a smile. Olivia looks adorable in her pink pajamas.

We were both so busy over the last few weeks that we didn't have time to catch up and hang out. In addition, I was purposefully abandoning Olivia. It was because of that unintentional kiss.

I must admit that I have a crush on my stepsister. I'm not sure if it's just a crush, but I feel like my feelings for her are growing stronger each day I spend with her and get close to her. So I had to back down a little because I didn't want my emotions to get in the way. Because there is no way Olivia felt the same way, never happened. So I'm saving myself from the misery and the hope that's growing in my heart for us.

I take a good look at Vi. When she's sleeping, she has the appearance of an angel. Her mouth is slightly open, and she appears at ease.

"You are so lovely," I said quietly. I couldn't help myself and gently touched Olivia's face. When I touched Olivia's face as she awoke, it felt like seconds. I quickly removed my hands from hers.

"Oh, you're back," she exclaimed. My spine tingled as I heard her hoarse voice.

This is not good. Olivia had a significant impact on me.

"Y-yeah..." was all I could say. I was about to stand up when she hugged me. I was stunned, but it had been a long time since I had hugged her, and it felt good, so I refused to move. I was missing her terribly.

"Congratulations on winning the quiz bee, Zola," Olivia said.

"Thank you, Vi."

She loosened her grip on me and looked at me. "Did you eat?"

"Yeah. We had a small gathering at Nova's house to celebrate. How about you?" I inquired.

"That's great. I've already eaten. You must be tired. Take a good rest right now," Olivia said, awkwardly smiling.

My brows almost touched. Olivia is telling the truth. Yes, I'm familiar with her.

"You haven't eaten yet, Vi," I declared.

"No... I already did," she denied.

She believes she can deceive me. But I didn't have to argue with her for long because her stomach grumbled loudly.

Olivia smiled sweetly and made a peace sign with her fingers.

I shook my head to hide my smile. She is both stubborn and adorable. Argh, Vi.