Chapter 20

CAMILA

"ARE WE GOING TO THE NATIONAL LIBRARY THE NEXT DAY?" I polled my three lovely pals.

"Are you talking about the local quiz bee?" Naomi inquired.

"Yeah," I replied. We've arrived at the school grounds and are stretching in preparation for cheerleading practice, which will begin shortly.

"Isn't that tomorrow? Time certainly flies. The cheerleading competition will take place next month," Olivia stated that she, too, was stretching.

"Yeah. But I'm really looking forward to the competition. I am confident that we will prevail. We're putting in a lot of effort, you know. And our new routines are fantastic," Stella stated.

"You girls gave a great pep talk. Come on, let's go. Practice will begin immediately," Miss Peyton cut us off before we could respond to Stella's words.

"Let's win this," Olivia said. We exchanged smiles as we took our places in the line.

They have yet to respond to my inquiry. I'll inquire again later.

~*~

THE PRACTICE WAS OVER, and we were exhausted as we took showers.

"Girls, you haven't answered my question yet," I exclaimed.

We're in the shower right now. Down there, the stall was only visible from our vantage point. However, because the stalls are so close together, we can see each other's bodies. But we don't mind. My friends' bodies are amazing, but I don't think about sexual things when I see their private parts.

Unbeknownst to them, I may be gay. I'm not sure now, but I realized this when Zoey and I reconnected. I'm not sure if these feelings result from my longing for her after we've been apart for years. Back then, I was a moron. I allowed my parents to manipulate me, and as a result, I lost my best friends.

I re-establish a friendship with Zoey after years of bullying her. Zoey is a beautiful and genuine person. She forgives me and accepts me as a friend despite what I did.

But over the last few days, I've been having these not-so-friendly thoughts. Yes, I am now friends with Nova and Aubrey as well. They're all beautiful and fabulous, but every time I see Zoey, the simple, nerdy, gorgeous, and mysterious Zoey, my heart skips a beat.

I felt compelled to hug and kiss her whenever we were nearby. Worst of all, I have wet dreams about her. That's when I realized I had a thing for my friend. We had only recently reconnected as friends, and I had this inappropriate thought in my head. I just... I'm not sure. Zoey is appealing to me. That's all I know.

"Cam?"

Someone is calling my name, but I can't get Zoey's expression out of my head. I imagined her washing my back and touching my body.

"Cam? Camila?!" Stella yelled in my ear, and I fell back into a trance.

"Huh? What, I'm sorry?" I perplexedly inquired of the girl who had been shouting in my ear. When I turned around, Olivia and Naomi were staring at me strangely. Did I get caught?

"You're having a daydream. What on earth were you thinking?" Stella made fun of me.

"What? No! I was only... bathing!" With a defensive tone, I said, "My God." They will grill me if I do not correctly answer their questions. "You still haven't answered my question," I changed the subject.

"Yes, we did. You are not the one who is listening, "Olivia stated.

"Oh. Sorry. I was completely exhausted." They didn't seem convinced, so I didn't say anything else. Less talk, and more minor blunders. "Are we going to the National Library tomorrow?"