14

1808

"YOU ARE STUPID!" Portugal yelled. I punched him across the face and saw how he nearly flew. I had captured him, holding him in Lisbon. I do admit that I was taking out much of my pent-up anger. "Me? Stupid? I doubt that..."I laughed. He was tied up, and I had come alone. I had not seen Spain for a while, and it was starting to worry me. He said he'd be here, but he wasn't.

"You are stupid! Someone is going to come and help me!" He shouted. I pointed my sword at him, tilting my head. "Oh really? And who the hell is that? I ambushed and captured you; no one will make it here on time," I spoke. Portugal had blood coming out of his mouth, and I felt rage once more as I stared at him. This wasn't enough; I wanted him to feel pain.

"God, you are such an idiot...I figured you would come here eventually. As to why...well...I wasn't sure at first. However, I realized it was you, and you are easy to read. You act on emotion most of the time, making it easier," he spat. I glared at him as he tried to lift his head to look at me. "Not any longer..."I spoke.

"Bullshit! You are doing this to get back at me..."

"I'm coming after everyone..."

"Yeah? Okay, well, if you don't discriminate. Then, I have one question for you?" He asked. I looked at him, confused, pushing my sword deeper into him. "What? I'm not in the mood for conversation. Spain will be here soon, and you will have to lose against your brother," I said, annoyed. He began laughing, and I found it odd.

"How does it feel knowing England will choose to be on my side? Even after everything the two of you have 'been' through. You know...it's amazing! Being with him... I'm sure you have heard about how I've felt. How I still feel..."

"What?"

I was feeling angry as he said those things. "I bet it feels like shit, huh? I treated both of you like shit as children, yet he'd rather be on my side than yours."

"Shut up..."

"WHY? YOU DON'T LIKE THE TRUTH?" He shouted. I flinched at what he said and shook it off. He was only trying to upset me. Throw me off of my mission. "You are wrong! England doesn't feel that way!" I spoke.

"Oh? Doesn't he? How about I tell you a few things then? Did you know that during the Hundred Years' War, he and I...well...we had our little secrets too," he laughed. My heart stopped beating, and I watched as he laughed. "Ah, it was amazing too! He would tell me about how easy it was to manipulate you. Then, well...we were young and couldn't keep our hands to ourselves."

"SHUT UP!" I yelled.

I pushed my sword through him, and he groaned in pain. "You are lying! He would never! He said it was one-sided!" I pulled my sword out of him, and he began to bleed everywhere. "You are an idiot! We knew you'd be coming here!" Portugal yelled.

I looked at him, confused, suddenly feeling something like me from behind. "Stop this...I'm warning you...Spain isn't coming..." his voice spoke. I felt myself grow excited hearing his voice. It was like something deep inside me had awakened.

"My dear England! This fool is slandering your name! Tell him he is wrong! That he was lying!" I demanded. I turned around to look at him, and he looked nervous and slightly horrified.

Spain wasn't coming, and I knew it had to do with him. "Tell me he was lying," I demanded. I looked at him seriously, and he stepped back a bit. "France...listen to me...Napoleon has clouded your mind. You are starting to combine your thoughts. You are thinking like him—"

"No, I'm not! I'm perfectly fine! Now answer the question!" I laughed. England looked at Portugal, and I didn't bother to turn away. "And if it was?" He asked. My eyes widened, and it felt like my heart was breaking. "What?" I asked. No, this could not be true. How could it? I thought England did not like him. I dropped my sword slightly, and England came closer.