Chapter- 12

After listening to the conversation between Peter and Karen Aliyanna had followed him In a parking building

After listening to the conversation between Peter and Karen Aliyanna had followed him In a parking building. The scruffy man from the weapons deal, Aaron Davis, was carrying groceries to his car. As Aaron opened the trunk, Peter arrived in his spider man suit. He stuck Aaron's hand to the trunk with a web.

"Remember me?" Peter asked in a deep metallic voice, which was kind of funny coming out of his mouth. He approached Aaron's car, and Aaron seemed to be taken aback.

"Uh, hey..." Aaron muttered.

" I need information. You're gonna give it to me now." Peter asked in the weird metallic voice.

"What happened to your voice?" Aaron questioned in confusion.

" What do you mean, what happened to my voice?"

" I heard you by the bridge. I know what a girl sound like."

" I'm not a girl! I'm a boy. I mean, I'm a... I'm a man." Peter stated in frustration.

" I don't care what you are, a boy, a girl-"

"I'm not a girl! I'm a man. Come on, man. Look, who is selling these weapons? I need to know. Give me names or else."

Aaron slammed the trunk shut, and suddenly a knife came out of nowhere, hit car right beside Aaron's head and fell to the ground. Peter stepped back and looked around in surprise.

"I missed it on purpose to better speak up or face the consequences."

Peter turned and saw the nightshade walking swiftly and gracefully towards him. "What the hell are you doing here?" He asked her and she raised her index finger on her lips signaling him to be quiet, well Peter assumed it, as she was wearing a mask that covered her face from her chin to her nose. He could only see her chocolate brown eyes that matched her hair.

"You ain't ever done this before, huh?" Aaron asked Peter. He was somewhat impressed by the girl. He knew it very well that she was the nightshade. He knew that she had killed many people and all of them were criminals. He was somewhat amused and somewhat afraid of her. It was a surprise that a girl not more than 5 feet 4 inches could take down powerful mafias like Lorenzo.

"Deactivate interrogation mode." Peter said to his A.I.

Aaron laughed and Peter's voice changed back to its normal high-pitched tone.

"Look, man, these guys are selling weapons that are crazy dangerous. They can't just be out on the streets. Look, if one of them can just cut Delmar's bodega in half..."

Aaron looked at his fingers, sniffing, not amused. However, when Peter mentioned Delmar's, he gained interest and asked him, "You know Delmar's?"

" Yeah, best sandwich in Queens."

"Sub Haven's pretty good."

" It's too much bread."

" I like bread."

The talked about sandwiches completely ignoring nightshade and forgetting about the situation that they were in. The nightshade was losing her patience during their conversation. Finally having enough she dashed towards Aaron picked up her fallen dagger and pressed it at Aaron's throat drawing a thin line of blood. He swallowed which was a wrong move as the blade dug in deeper choking him a bit. Peter , who had by that time turned back thinking he won't get the information he wanted, quickly ran to the nightshade and pulled her off him with great difficulty.

"Nightshade calm down. Don't do this." He begged her. But she ignored him and looked at Aaron with a death glare her eyes shinning blue. Aaron rubbed his neck with his free hand and sighed, "I don't want those weapons in this neighborhood. I got a nephew who live here."

Peter and nightshade stopped struggling when Aaron started speaking, and walked back to him.

"Who are these guys? What can you tell me about the guy with the wings?" Peter questioned.

"Other than he's a psychopath dressed like a demon, nothing. I don't know who he is or where he is."

Peter leaned his head on Aaron's car, and sighed.

" I do know where he's gonna be." Aaron said.

"Really?" Peter asked with hope.

"Yeah, this crazy dude I used to work with, he's supposed to be doing a deal with him."

Peter started to walk happily away, giggling. Nightshade rolled her eyes and shouted, "Hey. Hey. Hey. He didn't tell you where. You don't have a location."

"Right, of course. Yeah, my bad. Silly. Just..." Embarrassed, Peter came back.

"Yeah. So, where is it?" He questioned Aaron.

"Can I give you some advice?"

" Hmm?"

" You got to get better at this part of the job. And until you get better take her with you. This interrogation... it's not your piece of cake."

" I don't understand. I'm intimidating." Peter demonstrated his "intimidating" pose, crossing his arms and looking at Aaron.

Nightshade took a step towards Peter and he took one back, this continued till his back hit the wall

Nightshade took a step towards Peter and he took one back, this continued till his back hit the wall. Nightshade crossed her arms and in said in a flat voice, " This is intimidating." She then returned to her previous position, and glared at Aaron. He gulped and told them the location, "Staten Island ferry, eleven."

Peter, who was still standing with his back at the wall cleared his throat. "Oh, that's soon. Hey, that's gonna dissolve in two hours." He said to Aaron indicating to his webbed hands.

"No, no, no, no. Come fix this."

" Two hours. You deserve that." Peter walked away, stabbing a finger in Aaron's direction. Nightshade followed suit.

"I got ice cream in here."

" You deserve that. You're a criminal. Bye, Mr. Criminal."