Chapter- 13

At the Staten Island Ferry terminal, as the massive orange ferry pulls out of the dock, Peter took a running leap and spread his glider wings

At the Staten Island Ferry terminal, as the massive orange ferry pulls out of the dock, Peter took a running leap and spread his glider wings. He landed and then got hung on the hull. Aliyanna also started running but realized that her suit does not have the same function as Peter's does. However the realization came too late as she reached the edge of the roof, not being able to stop herself she loosed her balance and fell straight in the sea.

Peter was looking at the passengers sitting inside the ferry and didn't noticed nightshade's absence ." Okay, Karen, activate Enhanced Reconnaissance Mode."

"Sure thing."

Karen activated the mood. Peter saw two man talking to each other.

" It's the guy from the bridge, right? Who's that other guy?" He asked.

" There's no record of him in my criminal database. Incoming call from May Peter. Should I reroute to your heads-up display?"

" I can't talk right now. I'll call her back." Peter watched Toomes as the spider drone climbs onto his head.

" Hey, dronie, keep an eye on that guy. We can't let anybody get away this time."

The drone hovered by the window. Peter turned to his side wondering why nightshade hadn't made any of her sarcastic remarks, but met with an empty space.

Aliyanna was falling deep inside the sea, her body was producing a bright blue glow. The rush of water against her ear brought back the memories - her mother being shot by uncle Drake, her father selling her for money, aunt Sarah's and uncle Drake's death, Luke leaving her. Tears sprung to her eyes and got mixed with the water. Due to the lack of air, it was difficult to get out of the memories and try to survive. She was drowning and not just into the water, but also inside the darkest of her memories. For a moment she thought if she should just close her eyes and sleep forever, it would be nice to run away from her problems. It would be nice to run away from the truth- truth about her family and about herself.

She was slowly loosing her consciousness but then she saw someone coming towards her. It was him. Peter Parker. He was getting closer and closer and she was getting farther and farther. He caught her by his web then pulled her body close to her. He tried to swim back to the surface with an arm kept around Nightshade's waist. But the waves were pushing them back. He was slowly getting out of breath.

A part of Aliyanna's brain that wanted to live created a blast, that threw them both upwards, back to the roof of the building from where they both have leapt.

Peter started coughing as air filled his lungs. He looked at Nightshade who was hovering above the roof and her body was still glowing blue. It was what had led him to her, when he saw a faint glowing blue thing in the sea. He went to pressed at her chest, so that the water would come out.

Aliyanna woke up with a gasp and started coughing violently. She suddenly dropped to the ground and opened her eyes. Peter was hovering over her with his mask off, and a worried look over his face. When she finally stopped coughing she asked him, "Was I levitating or you dropped me to the floor?" Peter shook his head relieved that she was fine and back to her 'normal self'.