Chapter- 17

Aliyanna made a shield to protect them both from the falling debris but the pressure was too much

Aliyanna made a shield to protect them both from the falling debris but the pressure was too much. Her concentration broke and thy were buried under the debris. One of the debris hit her head and she fainted.

Peter was still conscious. "Aliyanna. Nightshade please say something." He had removed his mask and was trying to call out for Aliyanna but he met with silence. He tried to get up, but failed. He was panicking that he might die here but more than anything he was scared for her. He had dragged her in his mess and now he doesn't even know whether she is alive or... Peter shook his head thinking positive. He tried to get up again but to no avail. He then started calling for help hoping that someone will hear him.

Peter takes a moment to catch his breath and looks down at his reflection on a puddle. The Spider-Man mask in the puddle covers half the reflection, making it look as if Peter is wearing the Spider-Man mask on half his face. "If you're nothing without this suit, then you shouldn't have it." Tony's words rang through his ear. He again started pushing the debris off himself, this time even more determined to do so. "Come on, Peter. Come on, Spider-Man. Come on, Spider-Man. Come on, Spider-Man. Come on, Spider-Man!"

Peter finally freed himself from the debris and gets up amongst rubbles. He quickly turned to look for Aliyanna. Just a few meters away from him he saw a faint blue glow. He quickly went there started removing the rubble. When he freed her, he removed her mask which was cracked and started patting her cheeks. "Come one Aliyanna wake up. You are the nightshade. so cool. always kick asses of the villains. Please get up. I can't do this without you." He felt guilty seeing the girl's pale face.

Peter checked for her pulse, to his relief it was there, weak but still there. With nothing else to do he started giving her CPR. After compressing her chest for few seconds Peter tilted her head gently and lifted her chin up with his 2 fingers. He then pinched her nose and sealed his mouth over hers and blew steadily and firmly into her mouth. He repeated this thrice. When he was about to to it the fourth time, Aliyanna's eyes opened with a gasp and a wave of blast was sent from her body unintentionally. Due to the blast Peter was thrown to a side.

"Oh Shit! I'm sorry spidey. I didn't mean to."

"Its okay. I'm fine. Are you?" He asked her while getting up with a groan.

"Yeah. thanks... wait did you- did you just... kissed me ?"

"Lets not talk about it right now and it wasn't a kiss but a rescue breath."

Before Aliyanna could say something else Peter spots Vulture perching on top of a stripped billboard. He signaled toward him, to which she nodded. He scooped her into his arms and asked her to hold him tightly. As Vulture was spreading his wings and preparing for takeoff, Peter shot his web directly at him. Vulture goes after the plane and checks behind him but misses Spider-Man and nightshade, who were hanging from a web attached to his back. As Vulture goes higher and higher up, the night view of New York City gets smaller and smaller under Peter's feet.