Chapter 3

Maya and Y/N regrouped with a distressed Willy, who was just informed by them about the Queen's relation with the Empress.

Willy: I can't believe she's the Queen's sister.

Maya: Yeah, and she's a real meanie bug!

Y/N: And don't even get me started on Beegood.

Maya: We have to help the Queen!

Willy mumbles in false agreement, sifting through a couple of leaves. This confuses both Maya and Y/N.

Maya: Willy, what are you doing? This is an emergency!

He finally pulls out a barrel full of pollen.

Willy: Yeah, and this is my emergency pollen! Anyway, how can we help? We're just two little bees and a crane fly.

Y/N: Hey, we saved the hive once. We could do it again.

Willy: But that was with help from Sting, Flip, and the others, Y/N! But here, well, it's just us three...

Fair point. Still, Y/N thought Willy could be a little more optimistic. Beside him, Maya gets an idea.

Maya: We go to Buzztropolis!

Willy: Oh, sure, we'll just hitch a ride to somewhere we've never been to before and tell a scary Empress we don't even know, 'Sorry, but you can't take our honey.'

Maya smiles brightly.

Maya: That's a great plan, Willy! C'mon, let's go!

Maya quickly flies away, leaving Willy baffled while Y/N crosses his arms. He smiles softly, appreciative of Maya's enthusiasm.

Y/N: There she goes again, ready to help.

Willy shakes his head before going for a bite of his pollen stash, until Maya zipped right back and brought him along with her, despite his protests. Y/N catches the barrel before setting it down, sighing softly.

Y/N: I just hope the Queen doesn't find out about this...

He quickly rushes off after the duo as they leave the hive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drago slept soundly atop a leaf, muttering in his sleep. Maya soon arrives and wakes him up, with Y/N and Willy arriving shortly after.

Drago: No more racing today, Maya. I'm still beat.

Maya: We don't wanna race! We need a ride to Buzztropolis!

Drago: Huh? That's a long way. I don't wanna go there...

Maya: Come on, Drago, just this once!

Drago continually denies her request, even after she gets on him. Y/N and Willy can only stand by as she starts tickling the dragonfly and causes him to laugh, finally conceding.

Drago: Okay, okay! I'll do it.

Maya: Woo!

Drago: Ready, Willy? Y/N?

Y/N: Aye, ready as can be.

Y/N hops onto Drago and sits himself behind Maya. Willy, on the other hand, is still reluctant.

Willy: Uh-uh, not this little bee, no-

Drago then charges forward and picks him up before flinging him onto his back. Y/N catches Willy by the hand and sits him down behind him. He holds onto him tightly while screaming Maya's name. Maya, however, cheers as she holds onto Drago. The group head for Buzztropolis as a group of worker bees spot them leaving.