Chapter 14

Now climbing the slope of Mount Stumpy, Maya and her team brace the fierce gusts of wind as she calls out to them.

Maya: Spread out! The orchid's up here somewhere!

Splitting away from the others, Arnie and Barney argue with each other a bit about whether or not they'll find it before, coincidentally, they find it.

Arnie: Barney, we found it! Are you looking at this?

Barney: Yeah, and it's beautiful!

The duo stare at the glowing red pollen before Arnie bangs his head against Barney's in excitement.

Arnie: I'll get Maya! You wait here, and don't touch anything!

As he rushes off to the find the others, Barney continues staring at the ruby pollen longingly. And drool started to leak out of his mouth as it hung open. Elsewhere, Arnie calls out to Maya from atop Mount Stumpy.

Arnie: Maya, we found it! Up here!

However, his calls were muffled by the wind, and Maya looks up at him confused. Willy also looks at him with a confused look.

Willy: What's he saying? I can't hear him!

Bedford arrives and looks up at Arnie, examining his exaggerated motions before looking at the bee duo.

Bedford: I speak sign language. He says he's found the flower.

As they all hurry to meet up with Arnie and Barney, they look at the flower in amazement before Spinder realizes something was off. The flower was missing all but one glowing pollen.

Spinder: I thought there'd be, like, more.

Barney belches, and they all turn to him in horror as he looks at them with a blank stare.

Barney: What?

Arnie: Barney, you didn't!

Barney belches again, while Maya grabs ahold of the last pollen. With at least one in their possession, they could finish the race and become victors. She grins optimistically.

Maya: We did it.

As thunder rings out once more, Willy panics with a startle.

Willy: Uh, we should get going!

Violet: Help!

Violet's cry for help echoes out from deeper in the stump, and they look around confused except for Willy, who's worried.

Willy: Hey, hey that's Violet! It sounds like she's in trouble!

Her voice cries out again, and the others look unsure what to do.

Craig: But we're so close to winning!

Bedford: And, what if she's tricking us?

Maya: What if she's not?

As she looks at them with a worried look, she thinks back to Y/N and remembers what he said to her last night. His words echoed in her mind.

Y/N: Be better than Violet.

Further down in the center of Mount Stumpy, Violet and her team continue crying for help as they are stuck to a web. A pale blue spider with purple markings all over her slowly descends down from the ceiling, cackling as she watches them writhe and struggle.

Spider: Got ourselves in a sticky situation, have we?

Violet: Someone do something!

As the elderly spider slowly approaches them, Maya's voice rings out from across the room as the rest of her team stand behind and around her.