Chapter 9

In Poppy Meadow, Crawley hands the Queen a letter with today's score on it, much to her surprise.

Queen: Sweet honey cakes! We're in the last three!

In Buzztropolis, however, the Empress stares at the scroll in shock.

Empress: Sweet honey cakes! They're in the last three?

In frustration she slams the scroll against her throne seat before looking at Beegood.

Empress: Your daughter better not fail me, Beegood. The pride of Buzztropolis is at stake!

She then hurls the scroll at him, who catches it out of fear as his skin practically turned pale. He gulps nervously.

Beegood: Yes, Your Majesty, of course, of course.

Quickly, he makes his exit, now more paranoid than ever about losing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maya and Y/N soon return to their cabin, ready to talk to the others and explain the situation in full. Before entering, though, Maya hesitates for a moment.

Maya: What if they'll still be mad at me?

Y/N reassures her with a pat on the head.

Y/N: We'll cross that pond when we get to it. Just remember, I've got your back.

Maya takes a deep breath before heading inside with Y/N, and they look around the room.

Maya: Hello? Everyone? I'm sorry that I left-

Willy: Maya?

They see Willy stepping into view, smiling warmly as he continued speaking. The rest of the team slowly walked out of the shadows and into the light

Willy: It's okay.

Maya: It's not okay...I shouldn't have buzzed off on everyone.

She glances at Y/N again, who gives her another firm nod. Now was the time to explain. She looks back at the rest of the team.

Maya: It's just if I don't win the Games-

Craig: The Empress will take your honey. Willy told us.

Arnie: Yep!

Barney: Mhm!

Maya sighs softly in relief, as does Y/N.

Y/N: Guess that saves us some explainin' to do.

Bedford: Maya, why didn't you say something?

Maya sighs again.

Maya: I didn't want to worry you...

Craig: But we're here for you, Maya.

Arnie/Barney: We're here for you!

Spinder: Yeah, that's what teams are for.

Spinder smiles genuinely as she hugs Bedford supportively. Maya smiles brightly alongside Y/N.

Maya: You're right. Team?

She holds a flat hand out to them, and everyone gathers around to place one hand on top of each other. Aside from Craig, who only puts one finger on the pile. All together, they raise their hands back up in unison while chanting.

Team Poppy: Go Team Poppy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The third day of the Games had begun, taking place within a circular maze made of dirt.

Mantis: Welcome to the Maze of the Megabeast! Teams will have to navigate their way through the many paths of the maze to the exit at the north end. Flying is not permitted in this event.