Chapter 11. Kiriko

Bolin, Varrick, and Zhu Li were captured and brought back to Kuvira. Baatar Jr, and Kiriko. All three of them were terrified.

Bolin: Please don't torture us.

Kuvira: Send these three away on the next train. Bolin and Zhu Li will be going to the reeducation camp for our most severe dissenters. And Varrick will continue work on the spirit energy project under close, armed, supervision. I want it weaponized immediately.

Zhu Li: Please, have mercy on me. Don't send me away. Take me back.

Kuvira: Why would I?

Zhu Li: Because my only mistake was being loyal to the wrong person. I was blindly devoted to Varrick, and I looked past all the times he ridiculed me or ordered me around or made me clean his disgusting feet, because I thought he possessed the most brilliant mind in the world, but when I met you, I realized I was wrong. Compared to you, Varrick's a fool. I believe in everything you've done, and I believe in your vision. I want to devote my life to you. I pledge my allegiance to you, great uniter.

Kuvira looked like she was going to give Zhu Li another chance, but Kiriko knew a lie when she saw one. Kiriko stared Zhu Li down.

Kiriko: I know a lie when I encounter one. I have to admit, you're good at lying, but you're not going to get past me.

The look on Zhu Li's face was one of complete shock. But Kiriko could tell that she was still lying.

Kuvira: Are you sure she's lying, Kiriko?

Kiriko: Absolutely positive. More than 100%.

Zhu Li dropped the act right there.

Zhu Li: You're right. I regret nothing.

Baatar Jr: Take them away.

The guards marched Bolin, Varrick, and Zhu Li out of the room.