Chapter 18. Katsuo

The day it was time to march into republic city, Kuvira gave a speech to the earth empire troops before they left.

Kuvira: Today we stand on the precipice of history. For the past three years, we've fought side by side to unite the earth empire and we've proven that no one can stand in our way. Not even the Avatar. But our mission is not yet complete. There is a grave injustice that must be corrected. As you all know, After the hundred year war, Avatar Aang, along with Fire Lord Zuko stole Earth Empire land and formed the united republic. This land belongs to the people of the earth empire and it's time to take it back. Republic city will be ours!

The earth empire troops in unison: All hail the great uniter!

Kuvira turned to Baatar Jr.

Kuvira: Are you ready to show the world what a true super power looks like?

Baatar Jr: Yes. I'm honored to march into the city by your side. I love you, Kuvira.

Kuvira: I never could've done this without your help. After we claim victory, we can finally get married and rule our empire together.

Kiriko, Katsuo, Kuvira, and Baatar Jr got together to go over the plan once more. Kuvira and Kiriko were going to board the mecha suit, while Baatar Jr and Katsuo were going to wait until they surrendered to discuss the terms of surrender.

Then Kuvira and Kiriko mounted the mecha suit, and Baatar Jr and Katsuo rode over by airship.

When they arrived, Raiko projected his voice through loudspeakers.

Raiko: Kuvira, this is President Raiko. I order you to stand down. Turn your army around and leave.

Kuvira: You're in no position to give orders.

Raiko: Stand down or we will attack.

Kuvira: I don't think you understand the power I possess. Let me make it clear.

Katsuo watched from her view in the airship as the giant mecha suit shot a beam of spirit energy into the ocean, blowing up a few abandoned ships. Then shot at a few more abandoned ships in the ocean across republic city.

Then the mecha suit aimed at the troops of the united forces below.

Kuvira: You have three seconds or I wipe out your army.

Raiko: I have no choice.

Kuvira: Time's up.

Raiko: Stop! We surrender! Republic city is yours.

Kuvira: Good. Turn your army and the avatar over to me and give Baatar and Katsuo your location. They'll present you with our terms.

Katsuo: We did it! And Korra had better listen, because she lost the fight back at zaofu, therefore promising to stay out of our business for good.

Baatar Jr radioed Kuvira.

Baatar Jr: We've done it, Kuvira! And I just got word that President Raiko is on air temple island. We're heading there now.

Baatar Jr and Katsuo's airship headed for air temple island. Only, on the way there, Katsuo felt another presence. She took off her shoes and used seismic sense.

Katsuo: Intruders.

Baatar Jr: What did you say?

Katsuo: There are intruders on the roof of the ship. I'm going up there.