Chapter 15. Kiriko

Kuvira, Baatar Jr, Kiriko, and Katsuo got back to the maglev rail train where they had been working on the project.

Baatar Jr: Unfortunately, the whole train full of spirit vines blew up.

Kiriko: I know where we can find a lot. There's a nearly infinite supply of them, and they're probably even more powerful than the ones in republic city.

Katsuo: Are you talking about the foggy swamp?

Kiriko: Yeah.

Kuvira: Take us there.

They boarded an airship and set off for the Banyan Grove Tree in the center of the foggy swamp.

Kuvira: Katsuo, I have to say I was surprised by your sudden decision to join us. You see, I've had experience with people who falsely plead their allegiance to our cause with the intent of betraying us later.

Kiriko: She's not like Zhu Li. She's telling the truth wholeheartedly.

Kuvira eyed Katsuo suspiciously.

Kuvira: Are you sure, Kiriko?

Kiriko: I'm positive she's telling the truth. No lies get past me, no matter how good.

Katsuo: I pledge my allegiance to you, great uniter.

Kuvira: Very well then.

Kuvira handed Katsuo an earth empire uniform.

Kuvira: Welcome to the earth empire, Katsuo.

Katsuo went and changed into her uniform. Soon enough, they arrived at the Banyan Grove Tree and disembarked the airship.

Baatar Jr: This area is overrun with spirit vines, and they appear to be

even more powerful than the samples we took from republic city.

Kuvira: Perfect. Harvest these vines until there's nothing left.

It took a day or two, but after harvesting some vines, they headed back to Kuvira's factory and built the weapon.