Chapter 20. Katsuo

After the marriage, Kiriko and Katsuo went to talk to them.

Kiriko: The earth empire couldn't ask for better leaders than you both.

Katsuo: And no matter how crazy things get, you'll always have our help if and when you need it!

Baatar Jr: We greatly appreciate your help, Kiriko and Katsuo.

Later, in the evening, Kiriko and Katsuo go to watch the sunset from ba sing se's upper ring.

Katsuo: We've changed the world so much in just three years!

Kiriko: Yeah. It's crazy to think it's only been three years, when the earth empire's just begun.

Katsuo: Hold on. I just realized. Did I ever apologize?

Kiriko: For being on the wrong side at the beginning?

Katsuo: Yeah. I'm sorry.

Kiriko: Like I said, your heart was in the right place and it's not your fault you got tied up with them.

Katsuo: They used to be nice people. I don't know what happened to them.

Kiriko: Well, that's behind us now.

Katsuo: Yeah! Let's focus on this bright future!

Kiriko: Let's help Kuvira lead the earth empire.

Katsuo: And I bet the spirit vine technology could be used for more than just weapons. With this kind of power, we could do even more amazing things!

Kiriko: Way ahead of you. I've been working on another spirit vine project secretly. It's a surprise for Kuvira's 23rd birthday.

Katsuo: Wait- is Kuvira's birthday coming up? Oh damn, oh damn, oh damn! I had no idea!

Kiriko laughed.

Kiriko: No, it's still quite a few months away. It's just that my invention will take a long time to build. It won't be ready by then. You know, the best gift for Kuvira would be something that benefits her nation, The Earth Empire. So do you want to help me?

Katsuo: Let's do it! What is it?

Kiriko: It's an interconnected series of computer networks that connect to everywhere on earth. The prime form of communication, the delivering of information, and other things. I call it... the internet!