Ch 18:The quickest match ever...

Kai Pov

Midnight:The top 42 made it through to the next round. It's unfortunate, but don't worry even if you didn't make it! We've prepared other chances for you to shine.

From the crowd that was moving on I noticed that Midnight licked her lips. I shuttered at it but continued to pay attention.

Midnight:The real competition begins next! The press cavalry will be all over it! Give it your all! Now then, here is the second game. I already know what it is, but what could it be? I just said it, and now here it is...

The holographic screen behind her read Cavalry Battle. I elbowed Tesla who was still out of his ball excitedly, but he turned away with a huff. I returned him angrily knowing that he'd probably won't listen to me.

Midnight: Let me explain. The participants can form teams of two to four people as they wish. It's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, but the one thing that's different is... based on the results of the last game, each person has been assigned a point value. And the points assigned go up by five starting from the bottom plus your final score from the contest. So 42nd place gets five points, and 41st gets ten points! And the point value assigned to first place is...ten million!

Kai:Wait what! That means Izuku just painted a huge target on his back with catching his Haracross.

Midnight: In other words, if you take down
the first place player's team...you can stand at the top no matter what place you're in! That's right. It's survival of the fittest, with a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top!

Kai:' I need a team who would be willing to share the points while helping Izuku. But who? '

Midnight:Everyone will use one Pokémon each, and aerial combat is not forbidden. And for a hidden surprise...

Soon the ground started to rumble as it changed to that of different types of ecosystems with cliffs, a huge pond, and grasslands.

Midnight:Best of luck to you all.

Everyone split up to find themselves some teammates. I proceeded to do the same. I looked for anyone who looked like they needed a teammate.

???:K-Kai...

I turned to see that Sakura was basically holding onto my Gym Uniform.

Sakura:Would you be my teammate?

I smiled and nodded.

Kai:Sure.

She smiled sweetly while blushing. As I went to find someone else I was suddenly tackled by a familiar looking Growlithe.

???:Hey Kai!

I looked up to see Sammy.

Sammy:You look like use another team member. Can I fill a spot?

He asked as he helped me up.

Kai:Yeah.

I looked then saw that Davey looked like he wasn't on a team so I made my way over to him.

Kai:Yo Davey!

Davey:Hmm?

Kai:Are you already on a team because I have one more spot open.

Davey:Sorry dude. I just got asked to be on a team.

Todoroki walked over to Davey's side. This irritated me, so I looked for someone else. Sadly everyone else had a team already I was about to give up when Momo walked up to me and my team.

Momo:Do have a empty spot?

Kai:Yeah. Welcome aboard.

Sammy:So what's the plan? Go for the 1 million points?

Kai:No. We eliminate the competition that go for the 1 million points while staying away from the ground.

Sakura:That makes sense. Everyone would be focused on Midoriya to even try to focus on gathering as little as they can.

Momo:Who all has Pokémon that can fly then.

Sakura:I have my Dreepy. He can't fly but he can levitate.

Kai:Sammy how about you?

Sammy:I have a Scyther and Corvisquire.

Momo:All I have is Beautifly.

Kai:They'll be fine I have my Fearow Javelin. Sammy it would probably be smarter to use Corvisquire for the front.

Sammy:Gotcha.

Kai:Momo have your Beautifly fly on the left dropping the different powdered attacks if it has them.

Momo nods.

Kai:Sakura have Dreepy gather the headbands.

Sakura:Got it.

Kai:Javelin will fly on the right. Our Pokémon will fly in V formation using their different type attacks to throw people off.

Kai's team:Right!

Midnight:Let the battle begin!

Everyone had their Pokémon heading for Izuku's team as mine used fancy flying and their high speed stats to grab the people with lower scores headbands.

Student 1:Hold on where's our headband?

Student 2:Oh no! My Pokémon have been paralyzed.

Student 3:What the hell?

President Mic:Looks like Team Kai is tied for first place.

Kai's team:All right!

President Mic: I've never seen such teamwork from flying and ghost types.

Midnight: Since most of the Pokémon have been paralyzed or put to sleep that leaves team Kai, Izuku, Shoto, and Bakugo win.

Kai:Huh?

Momo:Oh! I forgot that if a Pokémon falls asleep or can't move during a championship it's considered disqualified, and the sports festival is being considered a championship.

Kai:Wait. So I unintentionally came up with a broken strategy?

Momo: Pretty much.

Kai:Oops! ' Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A bunch of people hate me now! '

Midnight:But before we continued through the disqualifications I just got info from my Gardevoir that Kai Kaiken didn't know that this was a type of championship, so in sight of this we will be holding a second chance losers racket including those who have been disqualified.

All the students that were disqualified cheered excitedly as we moved on to the next event.