Ch 19:Shit's going down for real

Kai Pov

Midnight:This will be the final round a Pokémon Battle Tournament! First round will be a one on one. Second round will be three on three. Third round will be four on four. The final round will be six Pokémon each.

I looked up at the screen and saw that I was against someone named Ibara Shiozaki. She must have been from 1-B that or the other classes because I didn't recognize her name.

Midnight:First match will be Izuku Midoriya vs Hitoshi Shinso. Everyone else leave the Battlefield and prepare your Pokémon.

The other kids and I leave the field and head to the locker rooms there we watched the match live on a TV. This Shinso was a cheap fighter using Hypnosis then Dream Eater when his Pokémon is in a tough spot. Lucky Izuku used his Haracross for this match, and when he found a opening he used Mega Horn to beat Shinso.

President Mic:And the winner is Izuku Midoriya!

Kai:Way to go Izuku.

President Mic:Next match is Shoto Todoroki vs Hanta Sero.

I knew I was next up so I decided to transfer Javelin for Ruby for some type coverage. Izuku walked into the locker room with his Haracross at his side as Todoroki walked out.

Izuku:Hey Kai.

Kai:Sup.

Izuku:That was a close mach.

Kai:Yeah his Hypno wasn't kidding around.

Izuku:Yeah. Anyway, where did you get the Scizor?

Kai: Recovery Girl let me catch her after the bug catching competition was over, because her friend was hurt and she didn't want to leave her friend.

Izuku:That makes sense.

President Mic:Wow! That was a quick match! The winner is Shoto Todoroki!!

Kai:Looks like I'm on wish me luck.

Izuku: Good luck Kai.

I left the locker room with Ruby behind me. I ran pass Todoroki who was still glaring at me. I soon made it to the field where Ibara Shiozaki stood next to her Servine.

 I soon made it to the field where Ibara Shiozaki stood next to her Servine

Ibara:So you're the boy that took on Monoma and won

Kai:So that was that kid's name was huh... What of it?

Ruby: Scizor!

Ibara: That's all I need to know to beat you...

President Mic:Let the battle begin!

Ibara:Servine use Leaf Tornado!

Kai:Bullet Punch Ruby!

Servine whipped up a tornado of sharp leaves as Ruby dashed through the sharp winds punching Servine with her claws.

Kai:Wow Ruby! You're stronger than I initially thought you were. Fury Cutter!

Ruby attacked by slashing Servine with her claws.

Ibara:Servine hold it down Vine Whip!

Servine's vines wrapped around Ruby's wings.

Kai:Shit! Fury Cutter until it lets go!

Ruby started to continuously slash Servine using Fury Cutter. With each attack getting stronger so was the heat in Ruby's body. Without her wings Ruby can't cool herself off.

Ibara: Keep holding onto her Servine.

I tried to hold back my tears scared to death that Servine might kill Ruby unintentionally. Suddenly smoke started to leak from Ruby's body.

Kai:RUBY STOP!

Ruby dropped to her knees smoke still leaking from her body. I took off my gym shirt and started to wave her down.

Ibara:Why would you stop her?

Kai:My Pokémon's health is more important than me winning. Hey Midnight! I give up...

Midnight:Looks like Kai called the match.

Recovery Girl came out to the field and helped me cool off Ruby using Azumarill's Water Gun.

Kai:How are you doing Ruby?

Ruby:Sciz...

Kai:Don't be so hard on yourself. If it wasn't for knowing how fast your body would heat up I would've kept battling.

Ibara: I'm sorry.

Kai:Huh?

Ibara:I played dirty and won. I'm sorry.

Kai:No need to apologize. Maybe once Ruby is stronger we could battle again.

I said extending my hand. She looks at me for a moment before taking my hand and shacking it while giving a friendly smile.

Ibara: I'll look forward that day.

We walked off the field and decided to go help my mom at the EPCA. That's when I ran into...him...

Endeavor looked at me silently

Endeavor looked at me silently. I glare back at him angrily.

Endeavor: You lost on purpose?

Kai:Piss off. I was thinking about my Pokémon's health over winning now step aside. I somewhere to be.

Endeavor: Do you miss your mother with that mouth.

Kai: Actually I do, and she has her opinions about you that I agree with. Now step aside scum bag.

He didn't move so I let out Ruby again.

Kai:I said move...

He grit his teeth then stepped to the side. I walked pass him to the EPCA.

 I walked pass him to the EPCA