C H A P T E R - 9

''You only live once.''

~ YOLO

-------------------

At MK Mansion,

Baljeet Dasi was doing her daily morning Prayer. ''Bhagwaan, Please bring my daughter in law back to our house. Without Pragya in this house nothing is like usual. Everything is wrong. People who don't belong here are living here but the real bahu of the house is not able to live here. Solve all the problems in my Abhi's life. Unite him with his Pragya.'' She prayed hoping for a better life. She completed her puja and went and sat in the sofa.

''Good Morning Dasi.''Tanu wished looking at the newspaper. Dasi dosen't bother to wish back. After Abhi knew about Pragya signing the divorce Papers he got angry and agreed To marry Tanu. They got married and it has been one whole month. Dasi has tried visiting Sarita's house but later learnt from Purab that they have shifted their house. Since Abhi's marriage with Tanu, Purab had started living with them.

''Abhi is doing a lot of mistakes. As a friend I need to help him rectify it. Trying to run away from my problematic life with Alia I had started to neglect my duties as a good friend and father.''Purab had told Dasi that day. Since then he had started to spend more time with Aryan and always keeps an eye on Abhi. He doesn't let Abhi drink much. He has been a really good and much needed support for Abhi and Dasi was thankful for that.

''THE EUROPEAN COMPANY 'ARORA INDUSTRIES ' HAS MADE IT'S SPOT IN THE TOP 10 LEADING BUSSINESS INDUSTRIES OF INDIA IN JUST 30 DAYS OF BEING INTRODUCED. ''Tanu reads out aloud. Purab and Vikram who have joined them spoke.

''Will they be a threat to us?''Purab asked. ''Definitely, First I thought it was just like any other overseas company but after research I found that it is a really big bussiness empire. We need to be more careful.''Vikram responded.

''I'll check on Mr.Arora's profile once.''Purab said. '' She not he. The empire is run by a women. I didn't check much on her. Just that her empire is more powerful than us. If we weigh our advantages she has the more ones. Our main and only advantage is in India still we are the leading company followed by the Tanejas. She's in the third position but I am sure in a matter of days she will be the leading one.''Vikram said looking stressed.

''Really, a woman leads such a big empire?''Pallavi spoke as she brought coffee for everyone. She couldn't digest the fact that a woman leads an empire. ''And by the way Mr.Taneja has invited us for his grand son's birthday party.''Vikram said ignoring Pallavi's previous words. ''Alia will not come as she thinks it's a waste of time to attend a party of someone who is below us but I want to maintain a good relationship with him.''Vikram continued.

''We have covered up Abhi's work for the past month because of his condition. We very well understand his mind state after Pragya Ji left. But if only the Kohlis attend the party then unwanted rumours will go on. People will start talking that I and Abhi are not getting along well. I don't want such things to happen. You should only convince him. Also this is a family party so Mr.Taneja has invited us along with our families.''Vikram finished and left the Living Room.

Purab looked thoughtful and at the same time determined. Purab went to Abhi's room. He knocked on the door and found no response. He sighed and opened the door. The room was all dusty. It looked like a store room. Papers and clothes were thrown on the floor. All the curtains were closed and the lights were off. The room was dimly lit. The only source of light was from the corridors that too because Purab opened the door. If  he closes it the room will get dark. Lots of Alcohol bottles were smashed. Abhi was sprawled across his King Size bed laying on his stomach. His right arm was dangling loosely from the bed holding a alcohol bottle.

Purab went near Abhi to get a closer look. He noticed Abhi and Pragya's wedding Album in the bed. It was open. He Pushed Abhi which resulted in Abhi rolling over revealing his face. Beard was grown in his face. He had dark circles under his eyes. In his right hand a photo of Pragya was held securely. The next thing which he saw shocked Purab alot. On Abhi's Right arm there was Pragya's name carved. It was fresh and drops of blood were leaking. Purab jerked Abhi waking him up.

''Pra.......Prag......ya.....Pragya.''He murmured rubbing his eyes. When his eyes landed on Purab he cracked a smile. ''Buddy it's been a long time.''His words slurred. Purab shaked his head. It was the same scenario every day. Abhi would wake up by afternoon. He will drink continuously and then cry seeing Pragya's photo and Sleep. Again he will wake up by the next afternoon and have his meal. Purab really wanted to be with Abhi and help him but things were not in his favour. Since he came back his work load increased. 'Arora Industries' had caused a lot of trouble in their business. They started just a month before and were already the third leading company in India. At this rate it will easily beat MK Industries. So, Vikram, Purab and Alia are constantly working. The only free time he finds is 3 to 4 hours excluding his sleeping hours which is approximately 5 hours.

In that 3 to 4 hours Purab wakes Abhi and gets him bathed. He gives medicine to Abhi and makes him eat lunch. Lunch us the only meal Abhi has and it is necessary for him. This stuff itself takes 2 hours time. The balance time he spends with his son Aryan. Dasi is always ready to take care of Abhi but the problem is sometimes Abhi gets really violent while drunk. That's why Purab insists Dasi to stay away until Abhi is back to his old self. As usual Purab gets Abhu bathed and makes him have his lunch. Usually after this he leaves for work but today he has canceled his work to talk to Abhi. He doesn't want this behaviour of Abhi to continue.

A/N:- Hi guys? Views about this chapter?

So far how are you liking this book? Do you like it?

Votes and comments are the means of communication between an author and reader. So silent readers do comment. Inline comments are most welcome. Your comments help me in knowing what you think about this book.

If you like the book share this to your friends and other KKB Readers. If possible tag your friends in the comment section.

I'll try my best to update frequently. Thanks for reading. Love you all. Bye.

- Chloe 💙