C H A P T E R - 10

''A mother is she who can take places of all others but whose place no one else can take. ''

- Cardinal Meymillod

———————————————————

Talking to Sarita Ji about her past had brought back old memories to Pragya. She was sitting in her office all ready for the Party organized by Mr.Taneja. She very well knew the Mehras and Kohlis would come to the Party and she was waiting to see their reaction especially her spineless EX-HUSBAND's face.

But her mind wandered to her old memories. Both good and bad was filled. She closed her eyes thinking about her visit to her mother's house which changed her life totally.

(A/N:- From here the Flashback starts. It will be in Pragya's POV)

I was nervous. Extremely nervous. My little Princesses are resting in the car. I wanted to meet my maa first and then introduce my girls. I don't know how to face her. I know she will get angry at me for hiding things from her and not approaching her. I have always thought to handle my problems all by my self and should not disturb her but I realised it was a big mistake. Always elders guidance is needed in life.

I raise my hands towards the door bell and press it. Within few seconds the door opens revealing my mother's face. It looks the same but with a few wrinkles. She seems to look at me with shock. I was rooted to my position. By seeing her face after 10 years I realised how much I missed her in my life. Tears were flowing from my eyes uncontrollably. In these years I have learnt to control my tears but today I can't and don't want to stop. My mother's eyes also fill with tears.

''Maa.....''I whisper taking the initiative to start a conversation. I recieve a slap on my face. Immediately after the slap I am engulfed in a warm hug. I felt at peace. I found solace in her hug. I felt secured and loved. I hugged her back tightly. We both stood there crying for the next 10 minutes. Finally she broke our hug and kissed my forehead.

''Pragya.....Meri beti......come in dear.''She invited me moving away from the door. I went inside and sat on the sofa. She wiped her eyes and brought me a glass of water. I gulped it down in a single go. I know I am going to get bombarded with questions and I am ready for it. My eyes wander around my familiar house. My house looks the same except for some photos which have been changed. The first photo which catches my eye is a photo of my Dadi. A Garland is hung around her photo. I feel the ground beneath me had slipped. I walk towards the photo and touch it slowly.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I could feel it is my mother's hand. ''Pragya...''She whispered. Her voice was very faint that it suprised me that I could here it. I turned around and looked at her with moist eyes. Before we both could utter a word to each other we are interrupted. ''Mumma...''I heard my daughter KIARA'S voice.

''Kiara.''I respond wiping my eyes. ''I was waiting for you to come back but it took so much time.''She said. ''Pragya who is this?''My mother Sarla asked. ''I'll explain to you maa.''I said and looked towards Kiara and instructed her.''Go to the car and bring your sisters inside.''She nodded in response and left the place quietly.

''She is your daughter Kiara.''My mother exclaimed and I was taken aback. Her tone looked like she has realised something but I never mentioned about Kiara to my mother. ''Do you know about her?''I asked scrunching my nose in confusion. ''Yeah, Disha has told me.''She replied clearing my confusions.

Soon Kiara, Maya, Divya and Prachi came inside. I introduced them to my mother and the four of them warmed up to her very quickly. I spent the rest of the day with my mother and daughters. After a long time I felt truly happy. After dinner I told bedtime stories to my daughters. Once they slept I slipped out of my room and went to the living room. My maa was sitting in the sofa watching T.V. I went near and laid my head on her lap. Her attention shifted from the television to me.

''Won't you ask me any questions?''I asked her. ''When you're ready I know you yourself will answer me.''She said and I smiled in response. I spoke about how Abhi blamed me for his dadi's death and ousted me out of the house. I also told about my first pregnancy in which I gave birth to Kiara, Maya and Divya. Then I told how I met him again and how he blamed me for KIARA'S death. ''He fought with me and blamed me for KIARA'S death. He even took my other baby from me. I don't know how she looks or what's her name?''I said by now tears were flowing from my eyes at the memory of my other daughter.

Finally I said about how I found Kiara is alive and my life for the past 3 years. ''The only happiness in my life is my daughters. I feel that Maya and Divya are very distant from me. I know they love me very much but I am not able to spend time with them. I feel like I don't know much about them. Prachi...she is too small. Just 3 years old. But I find her always missing Shahana. It's gonna be almost one year that she's away from Shahana but till now she remembers her. Do you know what she asked when I told her we are coming to India? She asked whether we'll go to beeji's house. She said she wants to meet Shahana. On the other hand Kiara is also acting hostile. Kiara maybe is just 9 but she is so matured ar her age. She has developed hatred for her father after finding out what he did to me. She is angry at me too because she thinks I seperated her from her dadda...I mean Mr.King. I don't know what to do. I am not able to think properly.''I said sharing my insecurities to maa.

She wiped my tears and pulled me into her embrace. I stayed in her embrace for sometime. My mid was stressed and I was exhausted from the travel so soon I drifted off to sleep.

(Flashback ends here.)

''Ma'am''Pragya heard her P.A Leilani call her. ''Yes.''She replied opening her eyes. ''It's time for the party. ''Leilani informed. Pragya nodded and stood up to leave for the party.

A/N:- Votes and comments encourage me a lot. So don't forget to Vote and Comment. Thanks for Reading. Bye.

-Chloe<3