C H A P T E R - 17

IMPORTANT: Read the Author's note at the end there are 6 questions to which I request you all to answer. Enjoy Reading:)

Pragya's POV

''How is work going?''I asked her as soon as she entered my cabin after a knock.

''Fine Ma'am.''She replied.And that's how it works. Even though she is my daughter she addresses me as her superior.

''What did Purab and Dasi want?''I asked.

''You would have guessed it by now.''She replied.

''Ok, then why did you not send them to me?''I asked.

''I didn't want them to waste your time.''She replied. An Obvious lie.

''Did I tell you they are a waste of time to me?''I asked quirking a brow. I wanted to get a rise from her.

''Did you assume so?''I threw the next question before she could answer the previous one.

''I'm sorry for assuming Ma'am. Next time I'll make sure that I know what you want.''She replied. I deflated at her reply. I did not want to hear this. I want to hear the truth.

''You're excused Prachi. Before you go to your cabin I want you to inform Mr.Ali to call Purab and invite them back.''I ordered. This one was a successful one.

''I already spoke to them and conveyed your answer.''She replied curtly.

''And what's the answer?''I asked meekly.

''No. You don't want to help Mr.Mehra.''She responded.

''And what if I want to help Abhi?''I asked emphasizing on his name.

''You WON'T.''She said her voice slightly raising at the later word.

''Are you ordering me now Ms.Mehra?'' And now I know I hit a nerve. Her usual calm and composed demeanor left her.

''Ms.Raisinghania.''She corrected me and I tried to hold a smile back. The keyword being tried.

''I'm not ordering you. If you go and help a man who has been a big trouble in your life for a major part of your life then 1.You don't use your brain much and like getting hurt and humiliated. 2.Your still utterly in love with that man. I believe you neither have the intention to get humiliated nor in love with that man.''She said.

''You're right. I don't want to get hurt or humiliated that's why I don't go back to that house again.''I said hoping she would understand what I meant really. And she's a smart girl.

''And what about love?''She questioned.

''I don't know.''I replied. Being the Bussiness Queen means finding answers to every question and solving them to develop my company and expand it. I never give up. What ever problem or question it is I find an answer. But to this question I never tried to find an answer because I am afraid deep down I know the true answer which I try to deny.

Prachi nodded and turned to walk out of the cabin. Once she reached the door handle I said, ''if you ever what to meet him. You can I will never stop you. Whether it is your biologic-''She cut me off by closing the door and leaving me to ponder with my thoughts.