C H A P T E R - 16

When Purab turned back he saw the figure of Prachi. She did not wear her usual chudidhar. She was wearing a very formal attire.
She was wearing a blue Jeans and white shirt, and a black blazer. Her hair was held in a high ponytail.

''Ma'am it's nothing big. He just wanted to meet Mr.Ali.''The receptionist stepped forward and explained. Purab was suprised at how she addressed Prachi as 'Ma'am'.

''Prachi beta, I want to meet Pragya.''Dasi who was quite the whole time spoke. The receptionist's eyes widened.

''Ma'am sorry. I'll handle them.''The receptionist intervened .

''Myra send them to my cabin.''This was Prachi's response before she left the place. Prachi entered the lift and pressed the button for the eleventh floor. Pragya's office was situated in twelfth floor.

Among her sisters. Prachi is the softest and optimistic one. She always believed that there is something good in everyone. She is the one who is against violence. That basically made everyone to be protective of her. She was a lot like the version of Pragya in her early twenties. Now Pragya had drastically changed after her Past.

• • • • • • •

Purab should have not believed what Alia said, now he understood everything. Pragya is really the Industrialist Arora. The way the receptionist addressed Prachi made everything clear. Purab along with Dasi went inside the lift and pressed the eleventh floor as instructed by the receptionist.

The corridor was very huge with only a few rooms. The second door room was Prachi's office. Purab and Dasi were impressed with the office's look. The room was large and had a good lighting.
One side of the room was made up of glass to give a good view of the city outside.

It's been five minutes since they entered the room but there has been no conversation. A thick cloud of tension was hanging there. ''So,What are you both doing here?''Prachi broke the silence first.

''We wanted to meet Pragya di.'' Purab said.

''For what?''She asked.

''Prachi, do you know what happened to your father? We need help.''Dasi said.

''Who are you talking about?''She asked shocking both Dasi and Purab.

''Prachi-''Purab started but Prachi interrupted him.

''I don't have time to waste. Let's come to the point. I get it that you both want to meet my mom and request her to help you by releasing Mr.Mehra.''Prachi said.

''Yeah''Purab confirmed.

''I don't like being interrupted.''Prachi said coldly.

''So,I have a genuine question. Such powerful Mehras and Kohlis couldn't even bail him?''She asked somewhat mockingly.

''We tried. But we couldn't find a lawyer. That's why we came here asking for help.''Purab said.

''Prachi dear, your mother is very kind. I'm sure she'll help Abhi. Please just take us to her. I know Pragya loves Abhi very much.''Dasi said which made Prachi frown though she didn't show it.

''Are you stupid?''Prachi snapped. She didn't want to be rude to someone elder but Dasi's last line irked her.

''My mom would not help to such a shameless guy. And don't you people ever use your brain. When my mom was involved in the first place why would she take the case back.'' Prachi said.

Dasi and Purab were utterly surprised at her words and tone.

''I don't want you both to disturb my mom. She doesn't have time to waste on people like Mr.Mehra.''Prachi lashes.

''Prachi beta, we really need Pragya's help. I care for Pragya. ''I'll always do the best for her.''Dasi said.

''How can you lie so openly Dasi. When did you ever truly care for my mother's well being. Did you help her when your beloved Abhishek Mehra kicked her out of the house. Did you help her when Rhea rudely threw her out of your house on Diwali night. But now you came running to my mother claiming that you care for her. All for what? For Abhishek Prem Mehra. The same spineless and characterless man who never stood for my mom nor supported her.'' Prachi said.

''How Selfless of You?'' She added sarcastically.

It was like a reality check to Dasi but she ignored Prachi's words.

''You are right dear. I may be selfish but it is for the wellbeing of my own family. So it does not consider as selfishness rather love for my own family.''Dasi said and looked satisfied.

''Oh I see. Ok then even I can be selfish for my family right? It does not consider as selfishness right?''Prachi questioned to which Dadi nodded.

''That's why I don't want a scum like Mr.Mehra coming near my mother again. So I prefer him staying locked up in a cell.''Prachi said.

''Prachi! Mind your words.''Dasi said angrily.

''And I hope you'll mind your own business and not disturb us again. Now you may leave.''Prachi said smiling sweetly.

''How dare you?''Dasi's anger increased.

''I said you can leave. I don't like repeating myself.''She said coldly.

''How can you be heartless. It's your father who is in jail. Don't you even care. I didn't expect Pragya's upbringing to turn into a disaster.''Dasi said rashly.

''Dasi come let's go.''Purab said taking hold of Dasi's hand and trying to take her with him towards the door.

''Leave me Purab. I won't go unless I meet Pragya.''Dasi said.

''Dasi your angry. You don't speak what you mean. I don't want you to speak to Pragya di in this state. Don't worry I'll speak with her.''Purab tried to pacify Dasi. Finally somehow he took her back to his car.

''Take me to Abhi.''Dasi ordered and Purab complied.

Meanwhile Pragya was in her office room. That's when her secretary Zahid Ali enters her office room.

''Ma'am Mr.Khanna and the old Lady with him left.'' He informed.

''Call Prachi to my cabin.''Pragya ordered.

''Yes ma'am.''He replied before he left.

Pragya was happy that Prachi stood up against Dasi and Purab. Prachi has always been the delicate one and Pragya worried a lot how she'll handle betrayals. But it seemed to ease her worry less knowing that Prachi has taken a stand for Pragya. Pragya had ofcourse taught Prachi how to be tough,bold and confident. Prachi is a good example for that. But she easily lets in people and get attached to them.