C H A P T E R - 21

In Abhi's Room,

''This wedding is not going to happen!''They heard Vikram exclaim. Everyone were shocked.

''Why?What happened?''Pallavi asked astonished.

''What is left to happen? Don't think all our problems are over. We still have a lot. There is lot to handle in the business but you guys are discussing about marriage.''Vikram said.

''What Vikram? Business, business and business. Think about our kids happiness also.''Abhi said nonchalantly.

''You Don't take anything seriously right? You have rarely participated in business for the past month and you also got yourself in jail which tarnished our reputation. You have no idea how we are struggling. The shares are falling!''Vikram said enraged at Abhi's nonchalance.

''Vikram! It's enough. I won't sit quiet if you talk bad about my bhai.''Alia said.

''Please Don't interfere Alia. It's not your company in the first place. Let me talk with Abhi. It'll be better if you all leave. I want to speak with him alone.''Vikram stated. He was beyond frustrated. Abhi had always been the careless one putting all pressure on Vikram. But he was a good friend and had a good name. So, Vikram brushed it off. But now he feels like even though Abhi owns a major share in the company his participation is very less.

''Leave''Abhi said when he saw Alia was about to retort something.

''I know I have not been in a good condition-''Abhi started but Vikram was quick to cut him off.''Let us Don't discuss about the past. It's over now. After your arrest our company's shares are falling and the new music video released by Pragya's company would mean that we are going to loose our position. They'll easily over take our rankings. We need to launch a counter video to defend ourselves.''Vikram started.

''Then why are we delaying.''Abhi questioned.

''It's not as easy as you think. Ranbir suggested that we can try a melody song. But for that we need to discuss with our investors,prepare lyrics, find suitable artists. We need to do all this in a short span of time.''Vikram said.

After discussing further implements with Abhi Vikram wen to Kohli's side of the Mansion. He noticed that all were having dinner. He went and joined them.

''Your behavior nowadays has changed much Pallavi.''Vikram said. The atmosphere changed. Ranbir and Mishti pretended to be concentrated on eating but they both know that a serious discussion is going to take place. Whenever Vikram used this modulation it meant trouble. During their childhood, whenever Ranbir or Mishti created a ruckus Vikram would deal with them the same way. They named it 'Dining Table Treatment'. Thought Mishti was fairly surprised. Her father never questioned her mother. He agreed to her every demand. Sometimes she'll get annoyed with how much of a puppet her father is.

''I Don't get it. My behavior is perfectly alright. It's your behavior that is changing. Why did you come in and exclaim the wedding won't take place.''Pallavi asked defending herself.

Ranbir got tensed after hearing the word wedding.

''You shouldn't have talked about the wedding. It's not the right time.''Vikram said.

''Then when is the right time. He's 21.''Pallavi said and Mishti snorted but immediately covered it with a cough when she received Pallavi's glare.

''Exactly, he's just 21 not 51. We already have a lot in our plate.''Vikram said.

''The main reason why I'm upset is you did not discuss about it with any of us. Ranbir is even my son. I think you forgot it.''Vikram reminded.