Chapter 16: DubChaeng

The final stop in North America was finally here. You are the rest of the Twice members sat quietly in the shuttle, observing the Big Apple through the windows. New York had a lot of charm despite being mostly composed of buildings. The city just had a lively feel, and it was creating a buzz for Twice. No one was speaking, but you could just feel the power of this final stop.

As the shuttle pulls up to the hotel, most of the girls quickly head up to their rooms to freshen up a bit. Since they had back to back concert days coming up, they were all given the evening off to do as they pleased. You notice Jihyo, Tzuyu, and Mina were sitting together in the lobby chatting, so you head over and join them.

"You girls need anything?" you ask as you sit down next to Tzuyu. She immediately locks arms with you and rests her head on your shoulder.

"No," Mina says softly, "we were just talking about how smooth the tour has been."

"It's a miracle no one got COVID," Jihyo adds.

"Fingers crossed it stays that way," you say as you absentmindedly rub Tzuyu's thigh. "Almost done, though, just two concerts left in North America."

"Do you know if the bonus ones are confirmed yet?" Mina asks you.

Due to the incredible success of the tour so far, the company was working towards doing a couple of encore concerts at a larger venue. "Not confirmed yet, but there is a good chance it happens," you reply. "Please be careful and don't accidentally leak it."

"Oh come on," Jihyo complains with a smile, "we're too professional to do that."

Tzuyu giggles next to you, "yeah, none of the members have ever leaked anything by mistake, definitely not."

The four of you laugh lightly together.

"It has been a lot of fun," Jihyo sighs while looking down at the floor, "I wish it wasn't ending."

"There will be more tours," you say, trying to cheer her up.

"Will there?" Mina asks quietly.

There was a pause you have no idea how long the pause lasted, but it felt like an eternity. The four of you exchange glances. No one wanted to say it, but you were all thinking about the contracts; It's not the end of the tour that Jihyo was referring to. You wanted to tell them that it would be okay, and that everything will work out just fine. But you couldn't, because you didn't actually know.

Tzuyu lets go of your arm and stands up, "I'm going to go up to my room."

She sounded like she was about to cry and there was a sadness to her voice that felt like a knife cutting through your chest. As she walked away, all you could think about is how you can cheer her up, you wanted to run up to her and somehow get rid of all her worries. Mina, the angel she is, must have read your mind because she also stands up and gives you a look of concern.

"She'll be okay, I'll go talk to her." Mina says before she quickly catches up to Tzuyu and you watch the two of them disappear around the corner.

You turn to Jihyo who quickly wipes her eyes with the back of her hands, "sorry, the mood got a bit ruined, is there any chance we can go out for a bit?"

The girls weren't supposed to leave the hotel alone, but you figured it would be fine as long as she covered up and you were with her. It was New York afterall, it was unlikely the staff would be upset if you walked around a bit as long as you were with her. It would definitely be a good way to get her mind off the contracts.

"That's a great idea."

--

You're looking at your phone to see what was nearby when Jihyo walks up to you in the lobby with a light bounce in her step. She was wearing skin-tight, black jeans with a deep blue dotted blouse. On top she wore a jacket and a cute bucket hat that was pulled down close to her eyes. She was pretty well covered up, but you could recognize her figure anywhere in the world.