Chapter 2

Never in her life, Melo would imagine that her eniste would not know something. For almost one year she knew him, he always was the one with the plan, not one but three or four of them if the first one didn't work. He always was one step before everyone, knowing the circumstances and recognizing what the future would bring to them. Even in the worst cases they fought, both in business and private life, when Eda's babaanne went crushing on them, Serkan always had a cold head and pushed forward, leading everyone with him. 

He was Serkan Bolat, the famous almighty Serkan Bolat, who for Melo was the epitome of safeness and security. He always knew how to take care of himself and the one he loved. Having him in Melo's life was like having an older brother who would always protect her from everything. But now, seeing him broken, without the plan, and defeated, it was like her safe boat sank. Who else would know what to do if Serkan didn't? Who would help her best friend if Serkan himself was in despair?

The realization hit Melo. Now it was her turn to take control, now was her turn to care for her friends. They were her family after all. It was about time to grow up, stop hiding behind the protective back of Eda and Serkan, and help them. She saw that Eda was in shock and didn't know how to act. She saw that Serkan was crushed, and expecting him to take the lead right now, would be cruel.

"Dada, don't worry. Ceren and I will take care of the hospital formalities. We will take you home and resolve this situation. Ceren, you are their layer can you handle the formalities?"

"Of course." Ceren uttered, surprised by the agency and confidence in Melo's voice, and excused herself to go out of the room.

"Serkan, sit down for a moment." Melo pushed Serkan onto the chair, and he obliged without objection.

"Eda, we will talk more at home, where we all will be more comfortable, but for now, you should know some basic information about this year." Eda nodded, which Melo took as a sign to continue. "As you know you were in an accident and hit your head. You heard the doctor saying there is no risk in filling you with the blank space that the last year was. I don't know everything, but I can give you a brief outline for you to feel comfortable. Tamam?" Eda nodded again.

"So, it's march 2021, and you eee..., where to start..." All of a sudden, Melo was feeling less and less confident in her ability to narrate the events from the past year.

"Start from the beginning." Eda encouraged her with a faint smile.

"Tamam." Melo nodded and took a deep breath. "So, last year you graduated with honors as a landscape architect and received a scholarship from Artlife to continue your master's in Italy and also the offer a landscape intern at the firm." Melo could see that Eda's eyes brightened with pride and joy.

"The 1st of June was the day of the graduation and of the announcement of the internship. Serkan..." Melo shot a glance at him to read his face, but he kept his head down. "Serkan was there as the owner of Artlife and guest of honor to give the graduation speech. This is how you two met." 

Now Eda gave Sarkan a curious glance, to which he responded with a sad half smile.

"Long story short, you somehow injured Serkan's right hand and insisted on taking him to the doctor. Serkan was late for the meeting with his client, so he took you there and introduced you as his landscape architect and personal assistant because you had to do in his place all the notes and correction on the drafts as he wasn't able to do it and later you left your bag and phone is Serkan's car and you..."

"Melo." Serkan scolded her gently. "The short version."

Melo sighed and nodded, feeling embarrassed for getting carried away with the story, while Eda and Serkan exchanged another glance.