Chapter 9

Eda woke up on the couch in their apartment, not knowing how she got there. She remembered her being angry at Serkan, his frightened voice calling her name, the tight embrace of his strong arms, and his overwhelming smell calming when she snuggled into his chest.

Serkan was sitting on the chair across from her. He rested his chin on the back of his hand and watched Eda with a concerned gaze. When he noted that she was awake, he leaned to her as if he wanted to touch her but halted midway and pulled back.

"How are you feeling?" He asked quietly.

"What happened to me?" Eda answered him with another question.

"You had an episode of claustrophobia. Do you have any pain?"

Eda shook her head and proceeded to sit up. She felt normal. "I'm all right. Thank you."

Serkan nodded in silence.

"Did you bring me here?"

"Yes. I hope you don't mind." He hesitated for a second. "After our fight."

Eda shook her head again.

"I'm sorry." He said, looking into her eyes.

Eda nodded. She could feel he really was sorry, and she actually felt sorry too.

"I'm sorry too. I was selfish to think only about me."

Now Serkan nodded his head, and Eda wondered if their conversation would contain mostly from nodding and shaking their heads when Serkan started speaking.

"Eda, will you ever talk with me? We always could talk about everything. I know I was an asshole today. But would you just talk with me? You hear all these things about me from other people, but don't you want to hear them from me? You wanted me as your husband. And believe me, it wasn't arranged engagement. Am I really that bad?" His voice sounded desperate.

"You are not that bad. Just a little pain in the ass."

"I have my moments." He gave her his half smile, which Eda learned by now was his thing.

"Will you tell me what is wrong?"

"Everything is wrong since that Saturday." Eda shrugged her shoulders.

"But something happened earlier today. I can see you doubt me." Serkan was not giving up, and Eda decided to tell him what was bothering her.

"Erdem told me you bankrupted someone."

Serakn leaned back in the chair. Eda couldn't read his cryptic expression.

"That's why I got heartless Robot this time instead of emotionless." His voice was quiet but firm.

"You had quite an emotional outburst."

"I'm sorry." Serkan looked her in the eyes again and smiled slightly.

"It's ok. You have feelings too." Eda reciprocated his small smile.

Serkan relaxed a bit. Eda could sense that he was gaining his confidence back. "Who would think? So no Robot?"

"Robot with feelings?" She couldn't help but banter back.

"But no heart."

Eda's phone started ringing. She was very surprised when she saw it was Engin.

"Hallo?"

"Hi, Eda. Hope you feel better. Sorry to disturb you, but is Serkan with you? I need to talk to him. It's important."

"Tamam." Eda gave her phone to Serkan. "Did you switch off your phone again?"

Serkan nodded and took Eda's phone, standing up from his chair. She watched as he walked over to the balcony window, giving Engin detailed instructions.