Chapter 6

The next morning Eda was sitting at the kitchen counter sipping her coffee and waiting for her first day with Serkan Bolat to start. She was nervous, very nervous. She never was that nervous in her life. Even when she sent her application for the internship at his firm, she felt more confident than now.

Especially after yesterday evening when she cried in his arms while he was stroking and kissing her head and hair. He was so gentle and caring she never wanted to leave the safe embrace of his arms, but she felt like a thief, stealing the kisses that belonged to his fiance, not her, even if she wanted to believe that he intended them for her, not this other Eda, she grew to hate by now.

She didn't even know how she managed to run from him. All she knew was he was cupping her cheek, gently caressing it with his thumb, looking at her with his mesmerizing eyes, and next thing she was locking herself in the guest bedroom, yelling Serkan a good night, leaving him surprised on the couch.

Eda more felt his presence behind her than she heard it. She turned to him. He was so handsome. Would it be easier if wouldn't he be that handsome? He probably wouldn't be that intimidating, and Eda would not feel the urge to yell at his handsome face every time she looked at him. Probably she could be friendlier if in front of her would stand a normal-looking man instead of this Greek god.

His stubble was shorter, like he just shaved, making him look younger. He was wearing black pants with a black collar shirt tucked in. He rolled the sleeves up to his elbows. The upper bottoms were left open, giving Eda a good view of his neck and a peek at his collarbones. He looked good in black. 

Like he looks good in everything. She thought. 

But he also looked dangerous in black, making Eda want to shield herself from this strange, powerful feeling emanating from him, turning her defenseless and weak.

"Hi" His voice was deep, but she could sense that he also was nervous. That made her feel more confident, and she dared to look him in his eyes.

These treacherous eyes traped her the moment she looked into them. They were calling her, putting a spell on her soul, hypnotizing her to stand up and come to look at them closely. To touch the owner of these eyes. To kiss his lips and taste them again. This one kiss in the hospital only aroused her hunger for him, and she cursed her fainting for not allowing her to be kissed by him longer.

I bet sex with him is amazing. Eda shook her head at this thought, surprised from where it even came to her. She forced herself to break the spell his eyes put on her. "Hi"

He seemed to be waking up from the same spell. As if he felt exactly the same intense feeling as she. As if just a minute ago, he was drowning in her eyes as she was drowning in his. He looked confused for a split second, and Eda was sure her eyes mirrored his. But he quickly composed himself. The dangerous aura started emanating from him again when he confidently looked deep into her eyes, challenging her with his gaze. Eda narrowed her eyes at him, answering with the same challenging look he gave her, feeling ready for his attack.

"You took my pillow, Eda." His voice was deep and melodious but had a hint of mischief in it.

"Oh, it was yours?" Eda did her best to fake the surprise. "I didn't know which was mine. I've made a mistake."

"Mmhm," Serkan nodded, looking at her with a side loop smile. Something in his eyes twinkled dangerously, making Eda's inside twist and prompting this strange feeling in her lower belly to appear again.

"I'm glad you left yours for me." He smirked at her and turned to the home office sparing her from coming up with a response, much to her relief. 

He turned out to be a worthy opponent.