Chapter 4

Eda was quiet throughout the whole ride. Serkan was looking at her attentively, but Eda avoided his eyes, feeling like he could read her mind. They arrived in front of Serkan's no Serkan's and mine apartment building. In fact, their apartment wasn't an apartment but a two-level penthouse. Of course, it has to be a penthouse. It was at the top of a not too high building.

"Which floor it is? Fourth, fifth? I'll take the stairs." Eda stated and marched to look for a staircase.

"Eda" Serkan called after her. "There is an elevator."

"I can't go by elevator." Eda hissed at him.

"You can go with me now."

Before she could react, Serkan grabbed her hand, led Eda into the elevator, and pulled her into a firm embrace. Eda's face rested on his chest.

"Serkan, I can't. I will faint." She tried to protest waekly.

"You can. You will not." He said in a soft voice, calming her instantly. "Close your eyes, and don't stress about anything." 

He started softly caressing her head and hair. And Eda, to her surprise, obliged. She snuggled deeper into Serkan's arms and inhaled him deeply. His smell was so calming and intoxicating. She felt safe and relaxed, taking pleasure from his soft touches on her back.

"We're here. Opened your eyes." Serkan wispered to her ear. 

Eda was astonished at how he could do it. No one ever was able to help her with her claustrophobia. She was in therapy for years, but with his magic touch, all the anxiety was gone.

The apartment looked like a coherent mix of two styles. Eda recognized herself in the décor, and the other elements definitely represented Serkan. There was a huge comfortable couch, the guitar standing next to the balcony, and many shelves full of books and flowers, Eda's flowers. All over the apartment were placed frames with pictures, their pictures, but Eda preferred not to look at them. The apartament feelt like Eda and Serkan.

So this is the place I apparently call home now. It was strange, but it looked familiar. Eda felt comfortable here like it really was her home.

Eda was looking around when a big black rottweiler jumped at her and started licking her face. She didn't expect it and lost her balance. Serkan caught her immediately.

"Sirius!" He scolded the dog gently. "You would make Eda fall."

Sirius only looked at Serkan, leaned on their joined bodies, and started licking his hands.

"Tamam, tamam, we're home." Serkan let go of Eda, grabbed Sirius to put him down, and squatted next to him to pet him. Eda kneeled next to Serkan.

"This is Sirius." Serkan turned to Eda, who now was petting Sirius and smiling at him. "He is our dog. He was my dog before, but he ditched on me the moment he saw you, and now is your dog."

"Hi Sirius, you are a very good boy, you're so handsome boy." Sirius seemed to be in heaven.

"Just like I said, he loved you from the moment he saw you." Serkan said quietly looking at Eda, and she felt he wasn't talking about Sirius.

Serkan was looking at Eda with an intense gaze, and she felt her skin burning under it. His eyes dropped quickly to her lips before he averted his head and stood up.

"I asked Ceren and Fifi to visit you. They will be here soon. I'm going to change and leave."

"Serkan, I don't want you to leave your home."

"I'm not leaving for good, but it's better for now. You could use some space, and the girls will be with you."

He disappeared on the stairs, and Eda felt disappointed. She followed him upstairs and heard him in the room next to the stairs.