Chapter 8

Serkan Bolat had a bad start to the day. He woke up hungover with a lingering headache in his head. He cut himself on the neck while shaving and hit his leg painfully on the dresser. He couldn't even find the jumper he wanted to wear.

When Serkan went downstairs he met Eda sitting at the kitchen counter and reading one of many architectural magazines they subscribed to. He mumbled a good morning, but she only gave him a weird look. He contemplated driving for a moment, but his worsening headache dissuaded him from this idea.

Serkan passed Eda to pour himself water. After a second glass, he finally decided to ask her.

"Eda, could you drive today? I had a bad headache. I rather not."

"Tamam." Eda was surprised but slightly amused.

"Harika" Serkan tossed her his car keys and put his sunglasses on in the apartment to shield his aching eyes from any light. He went to wait for her by the door, and she followed him with even more amused smile.

* * *

Eda was driving Serkan's car and couldn't hide her amusement at his state. He was groaning at every turn or stop. He insisted on keeping the rooftop down as he needed access to the fresh air. He slumped down on his seat, rested his elbow on the side of the car, and massaged his temples for most of the ride. He looked like he was going to die. 

Eda couldn't believe it. He really was hungover. She examined the bottle earlier. He drank three, at most four glasses of whiskey. He really was not much of a drinker. That should be a completely normal amount of alcohol to digest by a grown man of his size. She could even drink that much and be perfectly fine the next day.

Eda could bet that if she would go with him to the bar for cocktails, after a couple of hours, he would be this drunk, she would have to drag him to the cab.

So there is one thing Serkan Bolat can't do.

But it was a good thing. Judging by his current state he didn't indulge in any substance usage. Eda hated alcohol abuse. It destroyed people and families. She witnesses it at home. She had nothing against occasional glass or two with friends when it was under control, but she couldn't stand heavy usage.

"Eda, please slow down. It is the third time when radar caught you." Serkan complained from his seat.

"I thought you were dying there and not paying attention." Eda smirked at him.

"I can still see when you speed above limits, not to mention I can also feel in my stomach every time you turn."

"Oh get a grip, Serkan. I only went over ten or twenty kilometers max."

"You collected that many speeding tickets in my car this month, that it will cost me my driver's license."

"Stop whining, Serkan."

He is such a whining baby when he is hungover. Eda thought. Such a cute whining baby.

Serkan adjusted himself on the seat. He typed something on his phone and rested his head on the headrest, inhaling and exhaling deeply with closed eyes. Eda thought he had fallen asleep when he asked her.

"Eda, could you pull off after this crossroad? I will get a coffee."

Eda parked the car in front of a nice coffee shop, that always had the best coffee. She turned to Serkan to let him know her order.

"Serkan, could you..." But he already was out of the car.

What an ass!

He was back in less than a minute, holding two cups.