Chapter 21

Eda was waking up every hour to check Serkan's pulse. Every time she found him sleeping in the same exact position, breathing deeply, not moving even for an inch. And every time she couldn't shake off a terrible feeling that something was lurking around in the shadows to get to him. 

The last time she woke up, Eda didn't even try to fall asleep again. The anxiety she felt was too much to let her close her eyes. She stayed up until dawn watching him sleep, and only when the first sun rays entered the room Eda drifted to sleep from exhaustion.

She woke up in the late morning to Serkan's smiling eyes watching her intently.

"Günaydın, baby." He greeted her and kissed softly.

Eda smiled back and brushed their noses together. 

"Günaydın, my love, how do you feel?"

"Like a newborn. We can leave this awful place and forget about it."

Serkan sat on the bed and stretched his arms. Eda observed him closely from under her eyelashes. He looked perfectly normal and healthy. There was no sign of his yesterday attack, and his face had its usual healthy color. But Eda couldn't shake off a tiny feeling of fear. No wonder, she tried to reason, just yesterday she almost lost him. For sure it was about that. Eda took a deep breath to calm her anxiety.

Serkan already left the bed and was taking his clothes from a bag to get dressed, eager to leave the hospital room as soon as possible.

"When you were sleeping, I called Seyfi to send my car to the hospital parking. We will shower and change at home. Seyfi said he left us breakfest in the frigde." At his words, Eda's stomach growled loudly, and Serkan chuckled. "But if you can't wait, we can grab something to eat on our way out, but I am not sure about this hospital cafeteria food."

"Serkan." Eda rolled her eyes at him and jumped from the bed to get ready. "I can wait. Are you sure you can drive?"

"Of course. The drugs are out of my system. We will later drop by Artlife for a couple of hours."

"Are you ready to go to work today?" Eda asked with concern.

"Edaa." Serkan shook his head and pulled her into his arms. "I'm perfectly fine. Remember what the doctor said? That I'll be good as new."

"After you rest." She added reluctantly, and Serkan cupped her cheeks, giving Eda one of his beautiful smiles.

"And I rested yesterday and for the whole night. Eda, there is no side effect of my attack, and you are acting like I was in shooting."

"Don't even joke about things like that." Eda smacked his arm.

"So don't overreact. Tamam?" Serkan looked her deep in the eyes and Eda melted under his gaze.

"Tamam." She pulled his face to kiss him. How she ever could live without his kisses. There was nothing in the world like the feeling of his lips on hers. She could spend her whole life just kissing him.

"I love you." Eda whispered when Serkan pulled back.

"I love you too." He said softly. "Let's go home."

* * *

Serkan was sitting in his chair in the conference room, deep in his thoughts. He sent Eda earlier with Melo to have lunch in the cafe across Artlife, or rather he texted Melo to drag Eda by force to go with her. 

He knew she would go crazy if she wouldn't take her mind off his allergy attack. He could see in her eyes that she was still shaken up and blamed herself for what happened yesterday, and Eda had a tendency to get worked up. Melo was the best remedy to keep her grounded and not run with her crazy ideas.