Chapter 23

Eda spent her day reviewing every file on her computer, trying to find the missing data from the project. The task was boring and repetitive, so she had too much time to think to her liking, and the work wasn't even able to take her mind off the worries. 

Earlier that day, they visited Serkan's mom. The footage from the surveillance showed a silhouette of a woman or thin teenage boy jumping through the wall from the riverside and wandering around the estate until arriving at the Serkan's old house. The person turned on the lights, spent there about five minutes, and left, disappearing from the CCTV sight.

The police assumed it was a trespasser as it had happened before a couple of times, and Seyfi wasn't sure what had he heard exactly. He said it sounded like a gunshot but it could be anything, as the night was windy. 

They ate breakfast with Aydan and used their time there to play with Sirius. He was still staying at the estate as he had an allergy problem and scratched himself to the blood last week. Sirius had to wear his pet con to help his wounds to heal after receiving his medication. It was better for him to be in the open yard, not closed alone in the apartment, especially considering the recent events.

Even if Aydan and Seyfi were cheerful and calm, Eda couldn't shake the feeling that it wasn't trespassing and the gunshot was real but she had no idea why she felt that way. Even Serkan thought it wasn't connected to anything that had happened to them lately, but Eda wasn't convinced.

Eda opened the last folder left and looked absently at the file sizes. She blinked a couple of times because numbers started blurring in her tired eyes. Eda shook her head and looked again, this time focusing on data, and started adding the numbers because they seemed suspiciously small for what she expected to see. She checked again and opened her email drive. It supposes to be at least a triple-size file than what she had. 

Eda looked at Serkan, who was silently working next to her.

"Serkan?"

"Yes, baby?"

"You told me that all my projects are saved on the main Artlife's computer but also automatically sent to mine and your email."

"Yes," He answered, typing on his keyboard.

"I went through them, and some data don't add. I downloaded all the files, but their size is too small in comparison to what is listed in my email drive."

Serkan stopped his work and turned his gaze from the computer screen. He looked quite astonished.

"That can only mean one thing, Eda. You had hidden some projects in the password-restricted file. That's why I didn't get it, and you can't download it."

"Do you know how to find it?"

"Let me see." Serkan got up from his chair and leaned over Eda. He opened the drive and looked for a minute. 

"It should be here." He said, opening the file, and the demand for a password appeared on the screen. Eda tried a couple of options without success and sighed with disappointment.

"I don't know the password."

Serkan smirked. "Try 21081992"

"It worked. What is it?" Eda looked at Serkan incredulously as he was smiling smugly.

"My birthday. I'm flattered, but you should change it. It's too obvious."

"What is your password?"

"Coordinations of your star."

"Not everyone is the romantic Robot to have these ideas for passwords." Eda teased him, and Serkan smiled even wider at her.

"No, but you are a little nymphomaniac fairy. You can work with that. You can change to another date you won't forget. For example, 02072020."