Extra #1 - Mathematics

This episode is as canon as Cole having a mom, so don't take it too seriously. Also this is an extra, so it doesn't count as your weekly update.

Cole, Kai, Jay, Zane chatting in the halls of the bounty, when they passed a kid carrying books with a depressed expression.

"What's up little guy? Something wrong?" Kai asked Lloyd who stopped and sighed.

"It's nothing... Just school." Lloyd said.

"School? Oh! So you're having classes today, huh. But why so down?" Cole asked Lloyd.

"I... Really, really, really, really, really, really hate school! It's the worst!" Lloyd complained.

"Do not say that, learning can be fun too." Zane said and patted Lloyd's shoulder gently.

"Yeah. Hey, how about we come with you, so you don't have to be alone in boredom!" Jay said, earning a small punch to the arm by Cole while Lloyd thought about it.

"Yeah! Come with me! um... please?" Lloyd said as the others laughed a little at Lloyds behavior. (y/n) really had managed to soften Lloyd up . they headed to the dining room, where the lesson was supposed to be held. Upon arrival they noticed (y/n) was already there, waiting with some paper and books in his hands. 

"Ah, Lloyd. Do you have your books?" the (h/c) boy asked Lloyd who nodded and sat down at the table with the ninja.

"Will you all be joining Lloyd?" (y/n) asked the four ninja who all nodded.

"Alright then, let's start with... Math."

"I'll be giving you all six questions. Number and answer them on your paper, and write the equation down if possible. Remember to put your name on it too." (y/n) had handed everyone a piece of paper and cleared his throat before continuing.

"Number one: 4 + 4 + 4."

"Number two: 109 - 35"

"Number four: 7 x 7"

"Number five: 42 x 2"

"And number six: 23 x 3 - 12" It took a bit before everyone had set their pens down. (y/n) then collected the papers.

"Everyone seems to have gotten the first answer right, yes it's 12. And same for the second question, it's 74." He then moved onto the third question. Suddenly he stopped and stared at two of the papers.

"Jay... What is this?" (y/n) showed Jay's paper witch had the weird formula of 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 on the paper.

"What? you didn't specify how it had to be solved." Jay shrugged while an invisible tic mark appeared on (y/n)'s calm face. 

"And Kai, you got it wrong, also there's no equation." Kai's mouth opened wide.

"What!? no, I got it right for sure!" He said.

"Nope. the answer is 49. You put 77." (y/n) said back, showing his paper to him.

"Oh."

"Everything else is right... Wait, Cole?" (y/n) said and looked up at Cole who smiled nervously.

"What is it?" Cole asked (y/n) who looked at the papers one last time before answering.

"Every equation is wrong, but every answer is right." he said and the others all turned to stare at Cole.

"Well everything was right, right? So the problem is?" (y/n) sighed and gave them each their papers, Zane receiving three plus marks on his paper. With Lloyd getting one too.

"How did you get three pluses?!" Jay asked Zane in shock.

" I do not know, perhaps there is no how?." Zane stated to which the others all stared at him a bit angrily. 

"Actually, there is a reason, Zane put the equations, answered correctly, used the right formulas, wrote his name correctly, didn't peek at others paper, and used good handwriting." (y/n) listed to the others who all groaned except for Jay.

"Wait, wait, wait! Wrote his name correctly?" Jay said confused, to which (y/n) picked up Jay's paper and pointed to his name. 'jay' it said. He then crossed over the 'j' and put a 'J' instead of it.

"Oh, come on!"

Word count: 613

I hope this type of little one shot was fun to read. I'll put things that almost make it into the story here, but they will stay non-canon unless I say otherwise.