Tick Tock

Did you know that the original title of this book was supposed to be Fated To Lose? Anyways,

WARNING!: small amount of blood again.

"Ten minutes! He just broke his own record. The guy's inhuman!" Kai shouted as he looked at the clock taking time for how long Zane can stay underwater. Cole and Jay stared in amazement too. Soon Zane popped out from below the surface, taking a deep breath as the others cheered.

"Amazing!" Cole called out to him from the bounty.

"We're not worthy!" Jay was bowing on his knees.

"I broke the record?" Zane asked them.

You destroyed it!" Kai said as the other two started to calm down a little.

"Okay, okay. Is anyone thinking what I'm thinking? We've been training for so long, I don't think we can get any better. Just think about what we've accomplished." Jay said as they all remembered some of their greatest achievements like...

Kai walking on burning hot coal,

Jay balancing on the tip of Ninjago's tallest building during a thunderstorm,

Cole lifting weights... That were definitely heavier than a car, along with Nya and (y/n) holding dumbbells and sitting on the weights Cole was lifting.

"Wait, wasn't it me sitting on the weights?" Jay asked but only got a shrug as an answer by Cole.

"The question should be raised. Perhaps we have reached our full potential? But, where is (y/n)? I haven't seen for quite some time." Zane said as the others perked up. 

"I saw him go into his workroom after lunch but, haven't seen him since." Kai said.

"Maybe we should check on him first?" Jay asked to which the others nodded. They made their way to the door of (y/n)'s work room, and Cole knocked on it. After a few seconds of silence Cole called out.

"(y/n)? Are you there?" Receiving no answer, Cole turned to the others and shrugged. The other all turned to leave until Jay said something.

"Wait, shouldn't we check inside, just in case?" Although he tried to hide it, he had a smirk on his face.

"If you mean to look around the room without (y/n)s permission, you really shouldn't. He told us we could go in if we said we needed to." Zane said to which Cole nodded along.

"But Jay's right, we haven't seen him come out of the room, so maybe he's in there, but something happened?" Kai said, standing next to Jay. The two pairs were not keen on each others ideas and instead decided:

"Rock, Paper, Clamp! Best of three!" They said at the same time. Kai and Zane held their hands up.

"Rock, Paper, Clamp!" They said and revealed their hands. Kai whooped, when he held out Clamp while Zane had paper. Cole and Jay were next, they held their hands up before doing the thing.

"Rock, Paper, Clamp!" Both had rock.

"Rock, Paper, Clamp!" And Cole still had rock, but Jay had switched to Clamp, gaining Cole the victory. Cole and Kai raised their hands, ready to go one last round. Kai smirked.

"Rock, Paper, Clamp!" And Kai won! Cole put rock while Kai had paper.

"How even?!" Cole asked in disappointment.

"You always pick rock, Cole." Kai stated as the black ninja scoffed. Jay and Kai chuckled to themselves before opening the door slightly. They 'whoa'd and opened it fully, letting Cole and Zane see inside too. It looked like your average workroom, but with things littered around everywhere. It was a small room, and didn't have too much space in it. There was a table and a fold able stool with it, a cabinet, book shelf, and a pile of books that didn't fit in the full bookshelf. The room had used parchment and paper littered everywhere and a pile of scrolls in the cabinet along with ink bottles. There was a huge, messy pile of letters on the table. A landline phone was on the corner of the table, along with a small wooden toy dragon.