Child's play

I've realized I write a lot of things here in 3rd person, so I'll try to change it up a bit in chapters from now on. So please, tell me if it's better or worse. Now, onto the chapter!

On the bounty, Lloyd sighed as he watched a few children play soccer down below in Jamanakai village. Kai snapped his fingers and called to the boy.

"Lloyd? Lloyd! Concentrate!" Kai called as Lloyd turned back to the team.

"Now that the Bounty is in our possession again, we can train you more effectively. But you'll have to focus. One more time." Zane said as Lloyd frowned. It really was a relief their mobile base had been retrieved, especially for Cole, who had been hugging his dragon plushie for the entirety of yesterday.

"Oh, but we've been training all day." He whined before Cole spoke up.

"It's all to get you ready to face your father. Now, in position." Cole said as Lloyd walked to the middle of the deck.

"Whatever." Lloyd said with a sigh and half lidded eyes. Kai charged at Lloyd, and Lloyd knocked him away easily as Lloyd let out a yawn. Zane and Jay jumped at Lloyd, but the green ninja used Spinjitzu to throw them away easily. He seemed to be easily beating the ninja before Cole tackled him from behind, and he fell and landed on his face.

"That was fun. Are we done?" He asked as he laid on the deck.

"Oh, come on. You're better than this. What's on your mind?" Jay Questioned as Lloyd got up.

"Well...The latest issue of Starfarer just came in at Doomsday Comix and it's a limited run, so if I don't go out and get it, it's going to sell out. Last they left off, intergalactic rogue Fritz Donnegan was surrounded by the Imperial Sludge, and if I don't find out if he gets out alright, I think I might have my own doomsday." Lloyd explained as he paced on the deck.

"The fate of Ninjago rests on your shoulders. As the Green ninja, you have a giant responsibility to hold. I'm sorry, but you don't have time for such childish things." Kai said and shook his head.

"Other kids get to play and have fun. All I ever do is train." Lloyd muttered and leaned on the railing to observe the village kids again. The ninja looked between each other before Cole stepped forward.

"How about I go ask (y/n) about it? I'm sure he could pick the issue up next time he goes shopping?" Lloyd immediately turned to Cole and smiled brightly.

"Really? Thank you!" Lloyd basically jumped to hug Cole before lifting his fists up, ready to take on the whole world.

"What? We had to train, right?" The ninja chuckled as Kai, Jay and Zane continued to train with Lloyd, while Cole headed under the deck.

Cole's p.o.v.

I walked along the Bounty's halls and looked around. I hate to admit it, but I'm thankful Garmadon fixed this place up, and not throwing out all of our stuff. We still gave it a paint job, since purple wasn't really our color. As I walked I heard a melody echo from the direction I was headed. I thought I recognized it, but on second thought, the melody seemed to come from a music box of some sort, and I don't think we've had any of those around since... ever. I stopped in front of (y/n)'s work room and knocked. A small mumble of a "Come in" came amidst the notes of music. I opened the door, but didn't speak up as I observed (y/n). He was sitting neatly in front of his desk, with a music box in hand, which the current melody was indeed coming from. He listened to it while occasionally turning the box to any which direction, before stopping to listen intently once more. Cute.

"Hey, (y/n)?" I finally spoke up as he set the music box down and closed it's lid, making the melody stop and lunge us in silence.

"Yes?" He answered turning to my direction.