Extra #4 Days with Zane

Zane canonically has no last name, so... Same thing as last extra, random one shots from different time periods! from oldest to newest. Now, here you go!

Long before Kai joined the team...

"Nice to meet you, I am Zane." Zane held out his hand for a handshake as (y/n) accepted it with a straight face.

"It is nice to meet you Master Zane, I am (y/n)" (y/n) introduced himself back. Jay and Cole stood behind (y/n), wary of their new team mate. After a small silence, (y/n) looked at his and Zane's hands, that were still connected. (y/n) opened his fingers, but Zane didn't seem to be opening his. Carefully, (y/n) removed Zane's hand from his and gave him a polite bow. Zane introduced himself to Jay and Cole, a straight and unemotional expression on his face. Once Jay shook Zane's hand, he felt the unnaturally cold hand give him goose bumps.

"Isn't this a too cold of a welcome?" Jay joked as Cole chuckled at the joke.

"Sorry?" Zane didn't seem to get it, Jay sighing in defeat before walking back to Cole.

"Master Jay was just trying to joke about your cold hands, don't think about it too much Master Zane."

"I said don't call me master!" Jay shouted from behind him.

"My apologies, Jay." (y/n) corrected himself as Zane thought for a moment.

"...Then please don't call me master either, (y/n)" (y/n) gave him a smile but shook it away and schooled his expression.

"As you wish, Zane."

:D

"(y/n), do you think I'm... weird?" Zane asked as he lowered down the kitchen knife he was using to fruit to cut fruits to add to the fruit salad.

"Weird, no. Different? Yes." (y/n) answered surprisingly smoothly, without even taking his eyes off the fruit salad ingredients he was currently mixing together.

"But all the others say I am." Zane said and lowered his hard further down.

"The others are over dramatic, Zane." (y/n) said and finally set the salad down. He pat Zane's shoulder to get his attention, and gave the white ninja a comforting smile afterwards. Zane didn't seem to believe in him, and (y/n) sighed and shook his head.

"Look, if you're weird, so am I. Just look at me, I still play with toys." (y/n) said as Zane lifted his brows in confusion.

"Playing with toys isn't weird." He said before (y/n) pat his cheek gently.

"But I still think it's weird. Everyone has a different vision of 'weird'. Now, are you weird?" (y/n) asked as Zane thought for a moment, before shaking his head.

"No, I'm not." Zane let out as (y/n) gave him a sweet smile

"See? Now, let's finish lunch before the others start whining." (y/n) finished proving his point and got back to making the salad. Zane didn't say anything else, but smiled before turning back to the kitchen counter.

:D

"Watch out!" (y/n) called out a warning. The Bounty had tilted due to the strong winds, and a few of the clothes piled in the laundry basket (y/n) had just finished drying off caught in the wind and flew towards the back of the Bounty. Zane turned to him in time to catch the blue ninja qi that was going to fly over his head. Jay wasn't so lucky, and he got a pair of blue boxers to his face.

"Agh!" He let out a scream before removing the boxers from his face before scrunching his face in disgust.

"Bleh!" He over exaggerated the sound of disgust and threw the the boxers away, and Zane caught them again. (y/n) set down the basket and hurried to Zane.