𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 🥀

"Rose, you think you're gonna own this place one day?" Renai asked as we walked through my fathers restaurant. "Maybe." I smiled, glancing back at her.

"Mr Lee!" She exclaimed, overtaking me. He glanced up at her and his lips stretched into a smile. "Renai, it's so good to see you again. Rose doesn't bring you here enough." He said. She laughed and leant against the counter in front of me. "Mr Lee, I've actually come to change that-" she began.

My eyes wandered the busy tables. Today business was running well. My fathers restaurant was popular in this area.

"Rose." My father called. "Hm?" I looked at him.

"Will you go pick up the boxes from back?" He asked me. I frowned, "Dad, I'm not on shift can't you just-" he tilted his head and looked at me through his glasses. I sighed and walked past them, through the kitchen door.

"Ryan, what's in these boxes?" I asked, as he washed the dishes. "Eh? I have no idea- your father received some goods." He told me. I nodded and signed the letter before opening the back door. My brows furrowed when I saw there were no boxes at the doorstep.

"Ryan, where are they?" I asked, glancing back at him. He shrugged. "Better find them, girlie, they seemed valuable." He replied. I rolled my eyes and walked out into the alley way behind the restaurant. The sun had fallen and the sky was a dark orange. "What fucking boxes?" I mumbled, looking behind the dumpster.

I then heard something which sounded like the bottom of a shoe rubbing against concrete. When I turned, I saw a tall man in black, his face no visible yet. There were two boxes in his arms.

"Hello?" I said, squinting my eyes. "I'm sorry, you're not supposed to be back here- are those my-" I paused when he began walking towards me. Of course instead of running back into the restaurant, I took steps back away from the door like an idiot.

I glanced at the door then back at him.

"Ms Lee." His voice echoed.

I tilted my head to look at him. I didn't recognise his face. There was a shadow casted over his eyes from the hat he wore. He continued walking towards me but this time I did not move. He then reached into his coat and pulled out a familiar notepad. "I've been sent by Mr Park to return to you what is yours." He said, and I took it from him.

"How did you know where I was?" I questioned. "Does he always send his men to return left belongings? Why didn't he just throw it away?"

He cleared his throat. "Would you like me to take these inside for you, ma'am?"

I glanced down at the boxes in his hand then nodded. I walked him to the door and was about to open it for him when he stepped in front of me and kicked it open with his foot. I paused and his dark eyes met mine. "Ladies first." He said. When we walked into the kitchen everyone stopped what they were doing to look at the tall man in black who just entered.

He placed the boxes on the counter and walked out. The door closed by itself behind him and Renai walked into the kitchen. "Rose- I got the Job!" She squealed, and I smiled. "We need to celebrate!" She said, taking out her phone. Her smiled dropped and brows furrowed as she stared at her screen. "What?" I said, walking towards her.

"Park Enterprises just emailed me." She told me.

"What did they say?" I scoffed.

She looked up at me. "I got the placement." The words left her lips slowly yet I still couldn't comprehend it. "You wha- how?" I said, taking the phone from her hands. I read the email three times before returning the phone to her.

"See?" She tells me. "It says I start tomorrow."

"But you just got the job here." I told her. "I'm sure your dad won't mind. I'll maybe even do some weekends for him." She said and we walked out of the kitchen. "And you're sure you want to be working that closely to a man like Mr Park." I asked her.

"How bad could it be?" She said, looking down at the notepad in my hand. "Who knows- maybe I could be the one he changes his ways for." I scoffed at her unrealistic fantasies. "Are you going to marry him next and bore his children after?" I teased. She rolled her eyes. "You had your experience with Mr Prick- now let me have mine."

I raised my hands in surrender. "Okay, fine, take the place offer- and make his knees touch the ground for you." I said, as we walked out the restaurant. "Rose, even if I do fuck hi-"

"What?" I interrupted her.

"Noah." She replied, staring ahead of us. I followed her gaze till my eyes met Noah's- he was stood leant against his car parked outside the restaurant.

"I knew you'd be here." He sighed almost in relief, walking up to me.

"Stalker much." Renai murmured and he looked at her. "Renai." He said, "Noah." She replied.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

He looked back at me, "I wanted to talk, Rose."

"There's not much to talk about other than you being a complete arsehole." Renai said, and was about to tug me away from him but I stood still. "Renai, you go ahead without me- I won't be long."  She looked at me for a long second before nodding and leaving.

"The restaurant is busy as always." He said as I followed him to his car. "What was it that you wanted to talk about?" I said, standing beside the door. He opened it and nodded towards it. I sat inside and he shut the door. He then walked around and opened his own door.

"I won't take much of your time." He said, turning on the engine.

_____________

"Is everything alright?" I asked as we walked on the dry grass. He brought me to the place we first shared a cigarette. "You were silent the entire time-" his fingers suddenly wrapped around my wrist and pulled me towards him. "Was I not good enough?" He mumbled, pressing me against a tree. My eyes widened, "What are you talking about-"

"You know what I'm talking about, Rose." He whispers, his eyes falling on my lips. I scoffed nervously and his hands tightened on my waist. "T-this isn't talking-" I said, looking up at him.

"Then maybe I didn't want to talk." He answered. "The truth is I've been craving your touch."

My lips part when his touch the corner of my mouth. "You make me so sensitive, Rose." His parted lips moved against my skin as he spoke, enough for me to feel the wetness of them. "Noah, please." I breathed, gently pushing on his shoulders. His face fell in my neck where I felt his lips slowly begin to kiss and suck my skin. My toes curled in my shoe when his warm tongue licked me beneath my jaw.

"Noah..." I whined again, but his cold fingers only travelled up beneath my blouse. "Do you miss me- -huh?" He said, cupping my neck. "You broke up with me." I answered. "I'm not asking for anymore of your patience. You- we don't need this."

His brows furrowed and he muttered a swear word. "But I want this- I want you." He said, his eyes flickering up to mine. "Will you give me a second chance?" He almost sounded desperate as his lips quivered and his eyes darkened, waiting for me to answer him.

_______________

A/N:🥀

Hello, beautiful readers!

I want to apologise for postponing this chapter- the book has just started and I'm already so inconsistent with my updates, haha-