𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 🥀

"Come on, I'll show you our room. I'm no longer in the mood for family dinner." he then said, extending his hand which I took. He pulled me away from the edge of the table and we left the office. "My family can also be complicated." I said, looking up at him as we walked. He scoffed, "How so?" he asks, and I reply, "Maybe not as complicated as yours, but at least you have both your parents." He glanced down at me when we reached the long stair case.

"My fathers sister however.." I began, and we continued walking, "Can be a real pain in the neck. She would always pester my father about the restaurant. Back then, I never knew what they would constantly argue about, but now that I think of it, it may have been about the land." I explained, and he listened.

"She never really liked my mother, and was always against their marriage, and her husband would-"

"Would what?" he asked, noticing my reluctance to speak on it.

"It isn't relevant, but now you know something about my family." I answered, and we had reached the room. "I appreciate you telling me." he says, opening the door.

My eyes wander the room walls and I instantly notice how it was his room. It just felt like him. The dark walls and bed covers. The long wooden bed poles on each end of the bed, and the crimson faux fur carpet just below it.

"No lights?" I said, the room being dimly lit.

He looks up and me whilst closing the door behind him. "I like it like this." he responds, walking toward what I assumed was the bathroom. I sat on the edge of his bed and stared at my toes buried into the soft carpet.

I then hear the shower turn on and look up at the door left a jar open before glancing back at the bed. It was probably the largest bed I've ever seen or been on. Why would one person need so much space?

The room was not only spacious, but empty. There was not one photo frame or any room decoration for that matter. Only a sofa against the wall in the corner of the room beside a shelf of books, taller than myself. He must read a lot in his spare time.

I hummed to myself whilst patting my dress down against my thighs. What we had just done in his office had not left my mind at all. I've said this once, and I'll say it again: this man truly does scare me. What a mess I become around him.

It's like I slip around his fingers like silk. He can have me tied and wrapped around his grasp, and I couldn't do a thing about it.

And, I'm marrying that man.

I let my hair out from the low bun and took the ribbon which was tied around my hair out. A sigh left my lips as I massaged my scalp, running my fingers through my hair. My hair wasn't tied back too tight, but it was the pins that were hurting most likely.

The shower turned off and I glanced up at the door and panicked.

Where should I look? I couldn't just stare at the door- it would only seem to him that I was waiting for him...or wanting to see him half naked for that matter- which wasn't true, of course..

The door opened and I pretended to take non existent pins out of my hair. I wanted to look so focused on my hair that I completely missed his presence. But, that was impossible. How could I possibly pretend to not acknowledge him when he stood in front of me, his stare burning my skin.

My eyes slowly meet his, I don't even look down at his body.

"What?" I simply said.